I ain't new to this; I'm true to this.

Mike Martinez

Mikedelic™
Battle Points: 1
Sorry, thought the thread title was hilarious.

Peace peace! My name is Mike Martinez from Flagler Beach, FL USA.

I'm a Hip Hop MC & producer over 20 years now, focusing more on the production side as late, though I do still rock mics.

I'm on here looking to connect with like-minded producers & artists. Hit me up! Let's network & build.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Mike Martinez and what's ya backstory and how long you been producing? Happy that we have an ILLien that hasn't quit MCing.

Mike Martinez

Mikedelic™
Welcome @Mike Martinez and what's ya backstory and how long you been producing? Happy that we have an ILLien that hasn't quit MCing.

Peace peace. Well I'm from Connecticut originally. Been a Hip Hop head since a child but got serious about MCing in 02. I used my graffiti name then, ActOne, and formed a crew called Overly Dope consisting of the dopest MCs and producers I could find. We put out a lot of music and played shows. We were even featured on local radio soon after forming.

Unfortunately I was also a heroin addict. I burned a lot of bridges and ended up in Massachusetts (Worcester and then Boston). I linked with more local MCs and producers there and expanded my crew. Until the drugs got really bad and nobody wanted to mess with me.

That's when I started making beats for myself. I started out on FL Studio 10 around 2010. I moved down to Florida in 2011 to try to get my shit together and that's when I really dug into producing.

I met my wife, had a couple kids and got clean.
Last year I decided to go DAWless and began making beats on hardware (MPC One, SP-404 & PO33).

Presently I produce for quite a few underground artists and sell beats, alongside producing my own music and my group Jezus Martinez. We play shows locally as well. My last decent placement was on Flee Lord's album Ladies & Gentlemen back in October. I produced "Broken Hearted" featuring Trizz.

The end. Lol

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Peace peace. Well I'm from Connecticut originally. Been a Hip Hop head since a child but got serious about MCing in 02. I used my graffiti name then, ActOne, and formed a crew called Overly Dope consisting of the dopest MCs and producers I could find. We put out a lot of music and played shows. We were even featured on local radio soon after forming.

Unfortunately I was also a heroin addict. I burned a lot of bridges and ended up in Massachusetts (Worcester and then Boston). I linked with more local MCs and producers there and expanded my crew. Until the drugs got really bad and nobody wanted to mess with me.

That's when I started making beats for myself. I started out on FL Studio 10 around 2010. I moved down to Florida in 2011 to try to get my shit together and that's when I really dug into producing.

Last year I decided to go DAWless and began making beats on hardware (MPC One, SP-404 & PO33).

Presently I produce for quite a few underground artists and sell beats, alongside producing my own music and my group Jezus Martinez. We play shows locally as well. My last decent placement was on Flee Lord's album Ladies & Gentlemen back in October. I produced "Broken Hearted" featuring Trizz.

The end. Lol
Shit, congrats on getting clean! :brofist:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Congrats @Mike Martinez for getting off the Horse and staying off (don’t ever ride that shit again). That shit ruined them Cash Money cats (and countless other musicians) in the 90’s (Birdman hooked all them cats). How did you get that Flee Lord placement?

Mike Martinez

Mikedelic™
Thanks a lot y'all!

For the Flee Lord placement I literally just DMed him on instagram. It was the right time, he was just wrapping up that album. He actually postpone the release so he could include my beat on it. It was pretty crazy.

The artist CEP that did the Flygod cover and a ton of other covers for dope underground artists did the art for the album. The back cover features all the producers, that's where my avatar came from. It was a real cool experience.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

The end. Lol
I saw this whole wall of text...

...and already know who asked what

Regardless, respect, brother.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Don't be sorry. Come in strong, tell us to fuck off
My apologies, sir.

bear fuck off GIF

members online