Howdy!

Frankie_Lee

Beatmaker
Mornin' all. I've been making beats for about a year. Been faffing about on a number of platforms but have settled on a MPC One for now. Just trying to learn the craft and hoping to produce something half decent any day now.

Looking forward to learning, feedback, collaborating and of course getting into the beat battles!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Frankie_Lee what's your musical backstory and can/do you play any instrument(s)?

Frankie_Lee

Beatmaker
Welcome @Frankie_Lee what's your musical backstory and can/do you play any instrument(s)?
You asked, so here's the long story :)
So I'm 50 years old and all my life I've wanted to be a Beastie Boy. I was there when they started and they always just seemed the pinnacle of cool to me (as a white boy of the same age). But I never found a way into this world. I just couldn't get my head around making music like that. Then Covid happened and it forced me to find something new to keep me sane. I can't play any instruments so I just started messing around with some software.

I'm a software designer, so I'm always fascinated by tech. I remember Ableton when it launched so I started there. Then I got myself an Akai Mini which introduced me to the Akai software which I liked. Eventually I got a work bonus and spent it on the MPC One, which I love.

Meanwhile, I've been studying music theory and trying to figure this stuff out. Getting there, but I do find it hard to stay focused and not just mess about. That's the main reason I joined – to have a stab at the battles. I like the more restricted briefs, stops me wandering.

Probably a bigger answer then you were expecting!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to the old ill crew!

Old Woman GIF by memecandy

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

members online

No members online now.