how u feel when u create your muzik?

O

open mind

for me my music is expression of my soul.iam not able to create a party track or sumtin when i start to make the beat it always sounds sad and dramatic and that shows me how fucked up iam.and that shit hurts me a lot but sametime i feel home when i listen to that shit u feel me ?.now my question is anyone outthere that is hurt by his own music too? just wanted to know if iam alone with this feeling or anyone outthere that feels same.aight iam out.
ps:i found out that its like therapy sumtimes making beats.
let me know how u feelin when u make your muzik.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
honestly. i love a good drama/sad/emotional/angry track a lot more than some feel good club joint...I enjoy music more when it bring out an emotion, or tells a story or somethin...Nowadays that feel good club shit is just bland to me...I'm bored, I gotta hear somethin new from that

Honestly, the last time some feel good club shit really hit me was probably Hey Ya by Outkast

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I juss feel mad eager to make sumthin hot..or sumtimes rele HIGH!!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i dont have any direction in mind when i make a beat, i throw on some records and when i find something that strikes me, i record it, chop it up and get down. So i guess i really dont feel any emotion when i make my beats, i just go with the moment and try to make a hot beat. and the fact that i smoke, i get inspired really easily, haha

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i think you should always make the beat that suits the mood your in if your pissed off trying to make a party banger aint gonna work bcoz the track is just a way of capturing your emotions at the time !

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
yeah just go with the flow, i doubt anyone sits down and sais i am pissed i am gonna make a dark pissed off track or some shit like that. Just make music and it will come naturally, if you try to force youself to make a beat like that, you are gonna wind up with crap, never wanna force music, just go with the flow...............

O

open mind

yes that must be the prob forcing me to do a particular style of beat forcing is wrong.thank you for suggestions fam.

T

The Bastard

I Like My Beats Too Sound Kinda Harsh,lazy(timing Slightly Off),and Repetitive. Kinda Like Myself

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
bigrob said:

Yeah big, for me sometimes making music IS like therapy. If I'm stressed or upset It takes my mind off of my problems, keeps me busy and relaxes me. And like others said, my mood often comes through in the track. Now if I'm just working on a beat and it's coming out hot I get amped and feel good, but if it's not coming out the way I hear it in my head or it just sounds like shit I might get a little heated, but then a few shots or a bowl usually cheers me right up, LOL. I think you gotta feel your music and put some emotion into it or it's gonna sound dull and lifeless.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
bigrob said:
for me my music is expression of my soul.iam not able to create a party track or sumtin when i start to make the beat it always sounds sad and dramatic and that shows me how fucked up iam.and that shit hurts me a lot but sametime i feel home when i listen to that shit u feel me ?.now my question is anyone outthere that is hurt by his own music too? just wanted to know if iam alone with this feeling or anyone outthere that feels same.aight iam out.
Yeah your mood should reflect the trak the trick is to actually convey the emotion to your listeners so they are in the same moment as you were then..
Check out rainy morning vibe
top link
not to show case or some shit like that
but it does convey imperfections and all the feeling.
Beats ARE therepy for most of us.
Listen to a guy named M&M.
I need to make this myself, love or hate it.

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Lately I've been making errie, sad kind of tracks so I tend to chop, pitch, and effect to reflect this mood. I also like the laid back chill kind of mood and I'll do accordingly. Sometimes I'll also leave the orginal mood of the sample intact. Lots you can do man.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Making beats is most definitely therapy. anytime anything is stressing me or whatever in life is gettin at me music takes my mind off it completely. I honestly contribute music as the reason why i am STILL in the relationship i'm in right now lol... Music just eases my mind. The beat never talks back or disagrees or anything so thats a plus.

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I feel that!

afriquedeluxe said:
emotion is the best fuel for creativity.

I've always thought that too. I commend all the peeps that write good music/lyrics cuz they're tappin into some juices that comes out sick through music. I wrote one song in my life because I was going through some bullshit with a girl I was feelin. I sat down and just let the words flow. It came out real good. I even sang the song for that chick to no avail. But if I didn't go through it I couldn't have written it. Not to say that some don't play off others feeling about something. Those cats are even more sick with it b/c they can identif y and convey others thoughs.

All in all, my beats are a mixture of anger, sadness, loneliness, somberness, hatred, the desire to be innovative, and cinematic with a funky ass potent groovin baseline over a hype ass kickin drum cymbals tickin beat.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
bigrob said:

Nope, can't say its like that for me. If i wanna make a westcoast track. i know how one needs to sound so i make it. Need to make Rnb i know what sounds to use what vibe to go for....

Yea, music can be great therapy notice mediation music is huge.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigrob said:

Describes me perfectly....my beats are like that

Except I'm not hurt though...I have no intention of making party tracks...I just want people to feel and to see something bigger when they listen to my beats.

ALLEYCAT

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Most of the time i dont set out to create a certain type of track unless its a specific project, I mainly play with the keys or sample for awhile and see where it takes me from there.

A

Authority

I feel great to take a project from raw to cooked ormakin nutthin into sumthin yah dig

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
My music is very emotional. I have a lot going on within my head and heart and it all comes out in my music. I have some tracks that are so dark that only I can spit on 'em because of some junk I've experience and no other MC could do it justice. Those are the joints that really express who I am, where I've come from and where I'm trying to go. It's going to be interesting what I come up with now...I haven't really made any beats since Christmas 05 and been going through some stuff.

members online