how to eq a MIDI channel in cubase?

O

open mind

for example i have a kick sequence on a channel and i want to eq that kick.how to put a parametric eq on that channel?

sorry for the dump question but iam a cubase newbie.

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
Midi is just a stream of info, NO AUDIO. There for you cant EQ it. now what you would like to do is arm your AUDIO track and then record the sound coming out of your Drum machine. do a search im not very familier with Cubase, just search here and on goggle.
Good Luck.

djrekonize

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
k this is how i do my drums in cubase i set up a new midi track for all the sounds, so kicks, snares hi tats ect.. all on seperate midi tracks, i eq them in either battery itself or put an effect on the certain track

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yup, as rekonize said if you have midi then you have a plug-in. just eq the sound in the plugin

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
i dont know wot vst ur using - i use battery and set the output in bottom right of the plugin

i put kick on channel 1-2, snare 3-4, hi hat 5-6 etc

the eqing on plugins isn't gonna be as advanced as a proper EQ VST , by settin the outputs to your mixer you got more control

don't edit the midi channels, in your mixer (F3) click on hide midi channels, make sure the VST channels are showing,

you can edit each channel by clickin on the "e" (edit instrument) button

C

Chemogen

When you have a MIDI track controlling a VST instrument, you have a mixer channel for the MIDI as well as newly created one for your VST's output. EQ the latter channel. It should be named after the VST you're using and you might have to scroll across the mixer to find it.

members online