How much of ur beats is keepers?

iLLVA1

Hitman for Hire
ill o.g.
i save pretty much all of them. then i will go back and listen to them later. sometimes they suck and i'm thinking wtf was i thinking making this and i'll delete. sometimes it will be fire and i wont even remember when i made it so then i'll finish it up. or sometimes it will be aight and i'll add on and finish it. matter of fact i need to go through my beats right about now and get rid of the wack ones.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
I think it's stupid to NOT keep a beat. Unless you mean good beats when you say keepers, cuz sometime I'm making a beat, i feel that's it's wack or so-so i save it. Then make it listen to people and they say it's not that bad.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
When I first started making beats, I used to make about 2 or 3 every class (i had a crazy ass MIDI/Music class in high school). So thats like 2 or 3 every hour and 20 minutues. But to be honest, none of them were really keepers. But nowadays, everything I make is a keeper. If I have an idea, I will sometimes work on it for like a week straight, and get it bangin. Some beats take a little more time than others, but I usually work on each beat for at least a few hours before its done. And even once I got it done, I will spend a few days mixing it to perfection (adding effects, EQ, levels, pans, etc). At the point in my beat making career right now, I feel like everything is industry ready stuff. So now I'm just building my portfolio, and when I'm shopping beats around, I got loads of material to play.

ill o.g.
I say that if I make a beat into a full ength beat that it's a keeper. I do have mad beats that are small snippets saved up. And when I'm in a beat slump I just go to those and make them better to where I will make that into a full length beat. So I would say 75 percent of my beats are keepers.

ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
I think it's stupid to NOT keep a beat. Unless you mean good beats when you say keepers, cuz sometime I'm making a beat, i feel that's it's wack or so-so i save it. Then make it listen to people and they say it's not that bad.

I feel what your sayin, but i dont wanna have my name in the credits when i dont even like the beat.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Loose Cannon said:
I feel what your sayin, but i dont wanna have my name in the credits when i dont even like the beat.

Nah, that's not my problem, if the dude picked a wack beat. If I have a wack beat and some dude want it, I'm not gonna say: NO DON'T PICK THAT ONE it sucks. Fuck you Pay Me!! loll

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I keep all of my beatz that I make. If I make one that doesn't cut it, I just save it and maybe I can re-work it in the future or I might get an idea from it and make it better or make a new beat from it. Everything is a keeper. I just don't let anyone peep the messed up ones. LOL!

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Chea - i keep all my beats since im computer based

but i make 30 a month - so about 20 make the site

and about 15 make my standards

but the others aint bad - just aint what i feel should represent my abilities

shogun3001

ill o.g.
MAN ,

in all honesty i sit down make the drums then when those sound cool. i go on to lacing the beat.
but sometimes it doesntwork out and i lose my mind listening to the beat over and over and over and over and over..............and over!!!!!!!

and out of frustration i kill it.

after reading most of these posts i think i will keep most of em.
and jus come back to em.

good posts

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i always keep them. even the ones that suck ass. after a few months ill forget about em. then i might load it up one day and be able to do something with it. but thats what i do with most of my beats.

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
JPeg said:
When I 1st got my sp I was making 4 or 5 beats in one sitting, nowadays although the quality (mix, placement, sound selection & overall) is better I find that I delete more stuff then I keep.

I would say that 90% of the time when I sit down to make a beat I come away with nothing worth keeping.

I’m interested to know how much of the stuff u make is ‘keeper’ level stuff plus any suggestions in improving my %tage.

I keep everything that I do but I have a pile that I feel don't need work. Then the rest when I learn new things I always come back change the drums or use a new technique. Most I have 1 out of 5 that I feel need no work

bassic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
outta 10 i keep all but 4 r really good and the rest r either in need of REAL work or jus scraps