How Much Do You Love Producing Muzik?

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
Sometimes i don't like it, if i can't make something hot and let it rest for a week, but when i toutch it again and something hot comes out. Man that's a great feeling I actually love the process just as much as sitting on the couch and listning to your own music. Got to find a good rapper who can make the music complete. So far it only costs me money so the fact that i still produce after a year or so is true love i guess.

That's word because sometimes when you do something too much, no matter how much you love doing it, your brain gets tired. I'm the type that doesn't like to force music because it comes out wack to me. The artist i work with might be like "yo, that's hot", but i know when something is not my best, so i "scrap" it, let the equipment breathe, spend time at home doing the family thing until i get the urge to come up with something. Even if i don't make a track, i might just sit in the lab and listen to "vinyl". Your ear is the most vital piece of equipment you have. But i don't force my ears to find something. I think that's the problem with the industry now, too much forced music...

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
agreed...almost every producer i know and myself included will say their best work comes when they take a little time completely off and let their ear get fresh again. i've learned not to listen to your own stuff too much, especially when you're in the lab non stop, because you can kind of start making things that sound all alike and not in a good way. i think its essential to branch out and listen to all kinds of stuff to keep your ear and mind fresh and creative.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i love it to death. once i get some good software and a trumpet i'm going to be totally obsessed.

and if i ever make a dollar bill doing this i'll never stop lol

H

Hemeny Jimez

I luvz it like my old lady's Domincan cooking. I'm talkin bout dat rice and chicken wit dat special sauce that makes my mouf water untill I finally getz my plate, cuz you know i'm tha last 1 ta get it cuz I'm tha only guy in tha house. sexists. Anywayz, I'm neva gonna stop making muzik. Itz like my therapy. Not to brag or nuthin, well maybe a lil bit, but my beatz iz too Ill. itz tha best way too express my true emotions. whether I'm feeling Evil, Happy, depressed, psychotic, relaxed, rightchous, thugish, Dancy, hitting sumbody, Ninja mode, sexy, confused, reflectful. my beatz are my best friendz, they know how I feel. Itz a kodak moment!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Love it so much I lost everything behind it at one point, my family , my friends, a chance at higher education, my whole mind and being.
I threw everything I had away in the pursuit of "making it". I lost everything except my freedom and came dangerously close to losing that.
At one point all I had was a drum machine, lyrics and a Bible.
Would've changed everything if someone would have told me that you can actually go to school to work in the music field lol...
I married hiphop in 84 , I was really young then , and as with all young loves they are powerful , overwhelming , dramatic, and somtimes vicious.
Through all of it though we have always stuck together, like an old married couple the passion isnt as intense as it once was but the Love is deep and stronger than ever.
Whenever I hear hiphop call my name Im drawn to it literally like a siren , unable to resist, and wind up wherever it is...

Wow that was poetic..

J-Beats

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I eat, sleep, and shit beatz! like dis music thang is my life. yo its nothing like making a hot ass beat and then see people bobing they heads to ya shit.

Nyne_Lyvez81

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I ain't gonna say love... because love is a strong word. I would say more of an abusive relationship. I beat the shit out of the pads. I take whatever money it can give me. I steal samples. I talk shit about it when it ain't around. Then I say things to it like, "I made you, you are nothing without me, you can never leave, I'll find you and kill you."

Side note:
Tyra is so hot. That is ridiculous. But doesn't she look like she would get annoying. Has anyone seen her show? I seen clips on Best Week Ever. She looks like a brat.

shit i feel you wen i make a beat, i beat my pads like they owe me money, and what ever money falls out i keep beatin on it til all of its money falls out or until the pads have no use to me n i get better pads

members online