How much do you guys sell beats for?

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm planning to record a lot material in the next few months and being that I just started back at school again. I am more than likely trying to buy some beats rather than handle all the production myself.

What do you guys normally charge???

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
With me it Depends on the Artist or Group..

Unsigned Talent (No Fan Base) $300-$500

Unsigned Talent (With Fan Base) $500-$1500 (Depends on there Sound Scan)

Indi Signed Talent -$500-$2500 (depends how many units he/She/they are pushin

Industry $1000- Whatever i can get (Price are Nego Depends on Contract)

MaZaMuNe

AKA Westnyle Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
50-350, 500 for a custom.. it really depends on how long you spent on it, and how much u think its worth inside, sometimes i'll even throw a cat a free beat just to see his styles, and knowing he will come back with money for more... Be a business man :)

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
depends what ppl are in this game for, i want to be an artist, so if the emcee is hot or i know iam gunna get exposure (decent) peeps can have it for nothing, im not in for all that selling beats malarchy, but if you shit, then they cant have shit...

so it depends on the producer, for me, NOTHING, for others as you can see, lots more, IMO no unsigned emcee is gunna fork out $600 for a beat, youd be lucky if they parted with £50

but i dont think i would ever sell a beat, unless it was for someone who was famous

they are mine, and they will always be mine....

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
$0, £0.

at least now i do anyway. as Haze said ^^ it just isnt possible in the UK.

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I said (in my case), 200$ is starting point.
I know that most of unsigned talents might not have that money, ... but some have, and they are willin to pay.
But if artist have some talent and skills, but dont have money, ..and I see some potential in him, I might "lend" him some beats for free, ..'couse maybe that will help him to become signed artist. When and If that happen', i demand money from the label.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i aint ever sold a beat but i probably should try (make a keeper a day usually).......

i need cash so cheaper than what the next guy is offering........ lol

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
not under 1000$. Keep it or leave it.

i feel you on that....

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
1000 dollars?

are you people serious at least a 1000 for a beat! who's gonna pay that- have yall ever sold a beat for that much tell me who bought that. i don't know where ya'll produce or what connects you got but in the real hood not the rap hood unsigned m.c's don't pay a 1000 for a beat i could see maybe 100 tops and what makes you so special to sell a beat for a grand you don't have any credentals just like an unsigned m.c your both tryin to get some and build a resume........... i could see if i asked dr dre for a beat it cost me some doe but look at his resume with a dre beat your chances of #1 song is greater than if some up and comming producer did it.............

bottom line show me your credentals and i'll show you the money- that kid this is why i started learnin to make my own beats....................most of the people tryin to get a 1000 for a beat are nobodies just like me......(not everyone though)

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
that kid said:
are you people serious at least a 1000 for a beat! who's gonna pay that- have yall ever sold a beat for that much tell me who bought that. i don't know where ya'll produce or what connects you got but in the real hood not the rap hood unsigned m.c's don't pay a 1000 for a beat i could see maybe 100 tops and what makes you so special to sell a beat for a grand you don't have any credentals just like an unsigned m.c your both tryin to get some and build a resume........... i could see if i asked dr dre for a beat it cost me some doe but look at his resume with a dre beat your chances of #1 song is greater than if some up and comming producer did it.............

bottom line show me your credentals and i'll show you the money- that kid this is why i started learnin to make my own beats....................most of the people tryin to get a 1000 for a beat are nobodies just like me......(not everyone though)

Have u heard her music, trust me dog, her shit is worth a G.....

I dont sell tracks at all, im out that game, im just building up a cataloge.....

class....

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
classic said:
Have u heard her music, trust me dog, her shit is worth a G.....

I dont sell tracks at all, im out that game, im just building up a cataloge.....

class....

Word up.....PG got it like that. If a mutherfucker said they gave her a G for a track, I would be like........ yo dogg, why did she give you a discount?

Yo, class....i feel you on that catalog. Work now and play later, your time is coming my nigga....believe that.

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
that kid said:

i feel like...if the shit is hot...then the greater the pot. you can't deny a banger. especially when you know its a banger without the vocals on it. i don't give a fuck who made it. if the mutherfucker don't have the money to pay, then his ass won't get it. We can go through the stash and find something hot in your price range.

its just like a nigga going shopping for a Lexus with Camry money. :bash:

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
that kid said:

Heh people that are doing Things meaning gettin paid off there mUsic will Spend big Bucks for beats Seriously.. locals in my Area that move decent units will spend $1000, $3000 for a beat

If 10,000 Worth of Production is gonna get you 60,000 ((talkin about the locals and indi labels that have good Fan Bases not Mr. boo that noone is feelin)

Why not Make that investment

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
my beats sell for a million euros, i reckon that way i just have to sell one beat instead of selling countless beats for peanuts. get with the program.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
^^^^haha, classic.....

and yea kid, i hear what you saying....

come on PG $1000!?! oh yea dollars aint worth shit.....

less than £500