How Long

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wanna ask how long did it take u to get to the stage where u could say whole heartedly "im dope" ?

Cause im finding im very inconsistent with the quality of my beats, and that indiacate to me that there is alot of development in style that needs to take place b4 i get to that level.

However I still make beats heads is feeling but it's not at the level i wanna be at yet.

Any thoughts? Fade?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Good question.

It's kinda hard to say since everyone has their own style and own way of working. For me, it took probably about 2 years before I could really be proud of my beats. But even with some of the earlier stuff I did, there were a few beats that were dope.

I think it got to the point when in 2000, I got really focused on making music and I worked on it every chance I got, so by doing so, I got really good at what I was doing. As long as you practice like a mo'fo', you should get to that level a lot quicker.

Everything takes time to perfect. There's plenty of well known producers out there that are still learning. Plus, if you're still learning things as you make beats, then you have nowhere to go but up!

So the moral of my post is: follow the 3 P's - Practice, Patience, Persistence. :shoot:

V

vizibl_not

i totaly agree wit fade!!!producin's a long way too go. i produce for like 2 years now and i probably explored 1 percent of wat i'm able to do so keep makin' beatz afta beatz but most of all doo wut ya feel and u'll make it!!!peace

B

Briellz

To be honest with you....most producers are rarely 100% satisfied with the outcome of most of their tracks they make. As a producer, you always gonna keep trying new things, and sounds. Just Blaze (Producer of "OH BOY-Cam'Ron") said when he was making the beat, the BOY part was a accident when he hit the wrong pad. He also went on to say that he didn't really like that track either. Some other well known producers (Neptunes) said some of the same things about their tracks as well.

Speaking on my behalf...If I can't make somebodys head bob, then I work harder to get that kind of reaction.

You'll know your hot when people always got your name in their mouth. For example - Timbaland, Neptunes, Premo, Dre. People will talk about your beat more than the lyrics being spitting on that particular track! THATS WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR HOT!

Let me know if you got any more questions.....

members online