how long have u been producin and how much $$$$ have u put in to it?

AmmoBeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damm alot of money spent on equipment
i've been producing for bout 3 yrs....djed for bout 6-7 yrs but i stopped..

2 technic 1210s $1000
1 technic 1200 $200
3 dj mixers $80-$250
bout 15 crates of vinyl a couple of 1000s there
boss sp202 $300
preamp $150
equalizer $50
technic reciever $200
fruityloops belongs to my brother
denon cassette deck $250 (do people still use these)
yamaha psr4sumthin keyboard $300
mics headphones and other accessories

P

pReMise

yo wat up flip....thrown out over a G, between headphones, speakers, midi controller, advertising, sample cd's.....shit, time is money right.....millions then.....peace>prem

light

Producer
ill o.g.
Spent about:
computer $1000
W7 $2000
Software $ 300
mixer $ 200
Mic's, headphones $ 200
cables $ 500
Records and cd's $500

Income from beats and shows and shirts and shit is about $6000. and thats crazy cause this is the first time i worked out and realized that this shit paid its own billz, fuckin rights.

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
PC-$600-$700

Sample Cd's-$5-$20

As you can see I really haven't put that much into it.I really didn't even buy the computer,just the cd's.So,I made awhole lot more than what I put in it.

T

The Bastard

1 year
computer=1 grand
m audio revolution sound card=100 bucks ''i regret that''
yamaha psr 292 keyboard= ''290''
one used turntable off dj friend=''25 bucks''
mpc 1000=1grand
computer software=0
beringher eurorack=45 bucks
records= not that much i just started sampling from vinyl when i got my mpc a month ago
shure mic=5 finger discount at radio shack
pop filter =30 bucks
mic stnd with boom pole=30 bucks
wires,cables,converters =100 bucks

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
man..... you guys are all RICH peoples!!!! my parents (LOL) bought me a pc 5 years ago ( im running an old windows 98) sYgMa bought me FL Studio 200$ canadian For christmas... He also bought me also an Headphone "koss" for 50$ for my birthday, 2 years ago..
I bought a few cd's to samples ( 50$) and thats it !!!!!! Its true that i dont know anything about mastering, but at least i did not spent a lot....

A

ACEBEATZ

How much?

Lotta time and lotta money

could say about 30 000$ since 4 years i'm active in hip-hop. In equipment , in shows i organized, in cds duplication, publicity stickers, website clothes equipments etc etc etc.Even videos!

gotta give money to be rich in life man!

Holla Ace www.acebeatz.com (site in construction)

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Started back in 97 with the MC-303, then a slew of other synths, computers, monitors, software, mixers, mics, and TIME; plus all the books, magazines, trade shows, internet reading, etc. for the education. Probably about $10,000 out of pocket, but every penny has been well spent.

Nick

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Soundtracs Project-8 Topaz 32-8-32 Studio € 5900.
Yamaha 01v €2000
A&H Mixwizard 16 - 2 €1600
RME Hammerfall 9652 €600
Fostex D160+D90 €3500
Genelec 1031a €1450
MPC2KXL+32mb+8out(2x) €3600
ESI2000+Turbo €1100
ESI4000Turbo €1800
SE ATC-1+SEM €1600
Acces Virus B €1600

Not in it to put the whole lot down but there's loads more.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
Yo Art, ima watching you man, maybe you are gunna be the next best thing! even Dre would cream at a home studio like that...

answer me this when was the last time you saw the sun?

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
Ive Seen The Sun Come Up In My Basement Window And Come Down In My Basement Window All The Time. If I Didn't Have To Go To School I Would Never Leave The Studio At All. Hell I Lost My Girl Cuz Of Music But Fuck It I Wasnt Giving Up My Music For Anyone. I Rarely Buy Clothes, Spend Any Money On Anything Other That Music, Or Go Out, It's All About The Music. Thats My Dedication. I Have More Fun In The Studio Then I Would Have Out Side

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
2 gemini 1800 turntables $800.00
Gemini Mixer $90.00
Old PC $599.99
20bit Layla $999.95
Korg X5D $599.95
New Computer $2000.00
Akia MPD 16 $199.99
audio Technique Mic $20.00 LOL
Akia & Teac Reel to Reel $50.00
MonitorSpeakers $500.00
Mic stand $20.00
FL studio $200 w/additional plugins

Art, spending the amount of money you say you've spent, you must have some kind of industry connection by now. Nobody spends that type of money without planning to break into the industry so What's the deal with that cuz?

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
didddaaammnnn some of you guys have dropped alot!! ive prolly put about 1800 or so i think .. mosty for my computer which cost 1400... the other for records and cables and stuff like that ... im bout to cop a firewire 410 and a condenor mic so i can home record so that will run me another 500 to 700

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
Kevin A said:
Art, spending the amount of money you say you've spent, you must have some kind of industry connection by now. Nobody spends that type of money without planning to break into the industry so What's the deal with that cuz?

oh i have connects but just because you know someone doesnt mean that they will do something for you. ONYX, DAS EFX, DEELITE FROM STESASONIC, D.R. PERIOD, ZODIAC/FISHGREASE, COOL G RAP, SHAQUEEN, ALI VEGAS, SLEEPY EYES AND MANY OTHERS HAVE COME TO THE STUDIO ON SEVERAL OCASITIONS BUT ITS ONE THING TO KNOW SOME ONE AND ITS ANOTHER THING FOR THEM TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU.

MY PLAN RIGHT KNOW IS TO RECORD ALBUMS FOR LABELS FROM MY HOUSE. I HAVE ALL THE EQUIPTMENT TO DO IT SO ILL TELL THEM TO JUST GIVE ME THE BUDGET FOR RECORDING THE ALBUM AND WEEL RECORD THE ALBUM FOR THEM. I CAN ALSO SELL TRACKS THIS WAY. Oh but dont worry i promise you that by jan. 1, 2005 i will have a PRODUCTION DEAL.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ART MPC 4000 said:
Well Lets Start From The Beginning I HAVE BEEN DJING FOR A LONG TIME AND THEN I STARTED PRODUCING AND RUNNING A STUDIO

$100,000+ On Records And D.j. Equiptment (speakers, Turntables, Cases, WIRES, STANDS, MIXERS)
$3,000 On Mpc 60 Ii
$1,500 On Akai 950 Sampler
$2,000 On Makie 24 Track Analog Board
$3,000 On Yamaha O3d Digital Board
$6,000 On 2 Adat Xl Analog Recorders
$1,500 On The Brc Controller For The Adats
$150 On The Stand
$10,000 On Out Board Gear (compressers, Digital Reverb, Vocalizer, Patch Bays, Power Conditionshers)
$2,000 On Rolland Jv-80 Keyboard
$1,000 On Rolland 1880 Hard Disk Recorder
$3,000 On Rolland 2480 Hard Disk Recorder (rack Version)
$3,000 On 2 Built Computers
$1,000 On Tascam Usb 428
$1,500 ON FW 1884
$1,000 ON TANNOY MONITORS
$2,000 ON DENON S5000 CD TURNTABLES
$70,000 ON COMPUTER SOFTWARE (PROTOOLS TDM, REASON 1& 2, NUENDO 1 & 2, FRUTY LOOPS, CUBASE, SONAR, ACID, SOUND FORGE, MUSICMACH, T-REX, AND MANY OTHER RECORDING AND WAV EDITING PROGRAMS)
$400 ON A RODE K2 MICROPHONE
$500 ON PADDING ON FOR THE BOOTH
$1000 ON STUDIO FURNATURE (STANDS & CHAIRS)
COUNTLESS MONEY SPENT ON NEW PROGRAMS, CABLES, WIRES, BLANK CD'S, AND ALL OTHER "LITTLE" THINGS THAT COME WITH PRODUCING AND RUNNING A STUDIO

I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF FUCKIN MONEY BUT THIS IS ALL I DO

YO ART I AINT HATIN OR SAYIN YOU LIENG.....BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE ALL DAT LOCATED IN SOUTH JAMAICA QUEENS........IM FROM SOUTH JAMAICA MAN AND REGARDLESS WHAT PEEPLE THINK IT AINT DAT DAMN SAFE. LOL.
YO WHERE'S YA STUDIO ID LOVE TO COME THRU AND CHECK IT OUT SOME TIME.
HOLLA BACK.

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Bout $2500 total. MPC 2000xl(from friend), M-Audio Interface, speakers, rest of the equipment underwraps for now. producin for 3 years now..
Tony in Queens

Peep my tracks in the Artist Section

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
ART MPC 4000 said:
MY PLAN RIGHT KNOW IS TO RECORD ALBUMS FOR LABELS FROM MY HOUSE. I HAVE ALL THE EQUIPTMENT TO DO IT SO ILL TELL THEM TO JUST GIVE ME THE BUDGET FOR RECORDING THE ALBUM AND WEEL RECORD THE ALBUM FOR THEM. I CAN ALSO SELL TRACKS THIS WAY. Oh but dont worry i promise you that by jan. 1, 2005 i will have a PRODUCTION DEAL.

Hey, Art! What's up with that deal? I'm interested in what you had to do to get it!!