How involved does your spouse get?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
It's funny that so many of us really enjoy music production, but our spouse, girlfriend, significant other or current booty call (lol), doesn't even get involved with our music. I mean, I think it would be cool if my wife would do a little something (until she starts getting on my nerves...).

Maybe drop a beat or even do some background vocals but she doesn't want to have anything to do with this ish... She'll sneak on here and read some of the comments every blue moon but thats as far as it goes. I think I'm gonna start getting my daughter involved with it. Nothing like a little kids voice in the background or even doing some voice tags.I remember Red Alerts kid used to do it on the mix show in NYC, ish was cool.

If your spouse or whatever was interested would you allow them to get involved? Are they already involved in a silent way? Wassup with the spouses? or kids?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Most of my love interests are singers or musicians in someway. Its who I meet most often, and seperating Fun(work), from our specific fun is a MUST!! But its gone great so far.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
when i get orders for voice overs i use hers. she has fun and everybody loves her voice.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
My girl likes Mike Jones.... :(

But she also likes Dead Prez....

She hates boom bap hip-hop...she tells me I'm 20 years too late....

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
if its not making her money my wife thinks everything is pointless. I tell her she needs to get a hobby. My kids are always messing with my equipment i think they will be into music a lot as they get older.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
My wife isn't musically talented at all but she loves my music. I am a boom bap producer for the most part and she says she wishes Hip Hop still made music like that for the radio. She supports me emotionally & even has favorite beats of mine. She surprised me one day and came home with 3-4 LPs she picked up at a local thrift store. She's the shit!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Nice.... My woman says I should make music more like what's on the radio...funny thing is...I actually do now...hahahahaha But that's because I'm attempting to make a few dollars out here with some beats...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I'll take that title to the bank....and I have, already. =)

First time I did that...I took that title to guitar center and bought Maschine...LOL.. Now I'm trying to get some bills paid for.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i forgot about the slut test! When we get something that we wanna try to push locally in the strip club, underground radio, make a video, whatever it has to pass the slut test...

I'll have some people over, my wife will have some chicks come through and at some point when everybody has a nice lil buzz we'll sneak the track on...if the groove is condusive to slutty gyrations and we get visual confirmation then we'll put some money on the record...slut test.