How Do You Lay Down Vocals??????

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
so i basically know how to make beats now, and i'm at the point of actually bringing in a artist........now the easy thing is to let your beat play and have someone freestyle over it, but i don't want that....i want to learn how to produce a SONG!.

SO what are the basics to a real song, how many bars are each verse/corus/breakdown, etc.... i know that each producer has there own style...but give me some feedback with what you do personally! do u make the beat first with a specific laydown (intro/16 bar verse/8 bar corus/....etc...) and have the artist come in and fit his rhymes to YOUR beat layout.....or do u have him spit his shit and try to fit your beat onto his style..??? i have no idea how to do this...i need some feedback.........ALSO..........

how do you even start laying down vocals.........I"m using Pro-tools......do u start your beat, have them start spitting right there....and wut if they fuck up during a verse.........do u erase a part and start another track where he left off and have him continue then try to mix the tracks????? i have the slightest clue how to even begin this part of producing............HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! thanks in advance

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Its usually: intro, 16 bar verse, 8 bar hook, 16 bar verse, 8 bar hook, bridge, hook etc. But, you dont have to follow that. i like to switch it up sometimes when it sounds right. You should record the track first (with the switch ups already in there) if youre doing the standard 16 bar 8 hook thing. Then just have the mc spit a 16 over it, or have him write to it. Done.

Record your songs during live gigs and pre-production rehearsals. Even a simple cassette recording on a boombox may reveal weak parts of songs.

Have all the musical and vocal parts worked out.

Using a computer or sequencer? Prepare all sequenced material before the session.

Remember, it's emotion and feeling that make the best song, not necessarily the best technical rendition.

If you mess up a part while recording, don't stop and start over. That can easily cause you to burn out. Instead punch in the correction.

You don't have to fill all the tracks - don't try to force something that won't fit.

Always keep in mind the focus of your music. If it's the vocals, plan to spend the most time on them. Don't waste time on things that don't highlight the focal point.

Get the sound you want while recording. (Never assume that you can fix it in the mix.)

Unless you have unique effects, record individual tracks clean and add effects later.

Don't necessarily double track everything. Doubling a lead vocal can hide all the subtleties that make a song personal and likable (although it can work well for a chorus.)

Know when to quit for the day. If you're tired, it will show.

Keep guests out! It's your recording. Guests will distract you and may sway your opinion of how the music should sound.

Make backup copies after every recording session.

Singers: always bring water but don't use ice! Ice constricts your vocal chords. Hot tea with lemon and honey works well to relax your vocal chords.

Always get a track listing and accurate time log from the studio.

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
good looks clever..........you u think it's possible i can get up with you one day just to see how you do things, you know i'm boys with bb so u can ask him bout me...........but just to learn from someone else how to do shit and how to lay down vocals.....cause i've been doing this shit for bout 1 1/2 years now, and i just teach myself everything....none of my boys are into this so it's only me man!.............if not no biggie, but it'd be a big help..............anyone else got feedback on vocals?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Yea no doubt. Hit me up: 732.566.6189

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
ight yo, again good looks.........btw wuts ur name when i call you?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Ask for P.A.

members online