how did it all begin?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
sounds like me MINUS the dos program haha wtf is that about. jk :)

started wit FL in about 99-2000 then moved up to fl stufio 4. then 5. and i chose them cuz they were free...bootlegs. i also went thru that "techno program" criticism until i made hot beats and got respect. but i eventually moved on to reason.

no i just keep progressing but that's how i started out

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

that's going to give me nightmares :)

looks very difficult to use

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
what I'm wondering is why were u messin with DOS based programs in 99 :-D

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Sanova said:
what I'm wondering is why were u messin with DOS based programs in 99 :-D

because it makes beats,, back then i was choppin my cds up for kicks and snares and pasting them in cool edit. i'm was devout to cool edit before they sold out to sony. ithinksonyis adobe

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
lol cooledit can make beats, i know a few peeps that make hot beats outta cool edit
ayyy karl u got any of ur old shit from fasttrakker so we can hear?

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
I started on the lunch tables in middle school(94-96). Got a DR-5(01...I think). MPC1000(04)Emulator X, and Oxygen 8. Then I got FL 4.5. A month later FL5 dropped, free upgrade to.Now i'm gonna utilize my hardware/software together. FL finally has MIDI Clock. I forgot my Micron(05).

KEV31

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I think i started off with a program called mixman studio.

I took what i learned from that with loops and started using acid.
I used it the most after i got the ejay sample cds

After that i moved on to reason but i was just making drum tracks with little samples in the redrum cuz i didnt know about midi. As time went on i learned more about the program and it's been great to me ever since. I'm still trying to learn about the mastering devices cuz i'm bad at mixing.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
FT2 rules, easy as fok... used it since 2.6, its a tracker, sorta barebone FL with vertical scrolling sequencer. Actualy released a FT2 track last year lol, 8 bit mono wav and the shit sounds dope, for the dnb fans... check tb - endgame also made in FT2...

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Earlier this year I started messin with FL Studio then walked away from it. Came back during the summer and slowly got deeper and deeper into it. I started originally worked with composing then moved to sampling which I love

CVPbeatz

ill o.g.
sup everyone, first of all, i didnt even know a person could make beats on a computer until i was a sophmore n my friend told me u should make beats, i told him, what am i, do i look like dre? N wat can i say, he told me to download him fl, i did, n i got hookd, bought 5.0, upgraded to 6.0, n my beats are steadly improvin.

anonymous_103

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trip on this, i started with my first 386 computer. windows 3.11. i had a cheap wave editor. i would get my cds and look for blank parts of the song where they only play a high hat, kick, snare etc. then i would find a little sample of a melody like a guitar wah or a synth riff. then i would cut and past like crazy in the wav editor. it took me forever to get them on beat. once i got the high hats going, it was easier to do so. then i sold a beat to TI 4 weeks later.

G

GeNoCiDe

Well i started out in like 2001 and i only made beats cuz producers were chargin way too much for beats so i started wit fruity loops 3.4 and soon moved to FL STUDIO4 then 5 then i moved to Reason 2.5 and been there ever since liek 04

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Check this out - I started with a Casio SK1 (8-bit sampler) and a cassette deck for pause mixing. Very basic but fun as hell. I even had a cheap turntable and a mixer to do some scratching too. LMAO!

1st Official

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
started with fruity loops in 2000...didn't make my first beat with it until like 5 months after I bought it. Bought reason 2.0 in 2002. Bought an MPC 2000 in 03 was too lazy to learn how to use it...returned it and just focused on getting better with reason. Bought a oxygen 8...thinking about getting an mpc again.

members online