How 'bout HipHop?

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
How important is HipHop as a culture to you? I mean the wholr thing: Breakedance, Mceeing, Deejaying, Betaboxing.....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Good question.

It USED to be important to me, but with the way everything's going now, I have more important things in my life. There was a time when the culture was the best thing in the world to me but now my views have greatly changed.

The only thing that I never did was the graffiti part. I even used to bboy years ago (who didn't?) but the DJing, MCing, and now Producing are the ones I admired the most.

What about you? :headscrat

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
For me the culture is a very important part of may life. I try to preserve it, and be part of it. The one thing I never did, was B-Boying, but at least I'm the Dj of a B-Boy Group, so I do take part in that thing too.

But maybe I'm just too young. I mean someday ´there migth be another thing in my life, but now...

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I never deejayed a lot at partys, but I do alot of scratching. I'm not a Turntableist, but I like to practise with battle-records. Juggles are my favourites! And I try to ad scratches to everym beat I do, how 'bout you, do you like scratches in beats?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fo sho'! Scratching is dope. I competed in the 1998 Montreal DMC and it was amazing. I love scratching, but beat juggling is my strong point too!

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Really? Which place have you won? One of my home shere now competes in the German DMC Championship, i really like those battles. What do you like to juggle?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I didn't place at that competition. I entered again in 1999 but my needles got damaged the day of the competition so I pulled out. I entered a bunch of other comps around that time (ITF and local ones) but each time my job got in the way!

I like to juggle just regular tracks. Sometimes I'll juggle breakbeats too, but I just prefer pulling out everything. My best juggles are Rap/R&B or Rap/Disco. Don't front! The shit works. LOL. I wish I could let you hear some tracks I have but I don't have them with me on this computer.

Are you entering any competitions?

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That sounds interesting, I like disco stuff too! What songs do you mix/juggle?

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
my favorite part of hip hop besides the mcs. is the production aspect as far as sampling. to listen to shit like the world famous supreme team - hey dj. and other funky ass records. and to be like shit i can make a dope beat with this. thats what i dig.
i dig the diggin lol

members online