Home Recording

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
wuts goody guys I got a question I got a phone from an artist sayin he wants to work wit me but my manz told him I record in my crib so for a beginner how much u think u would charge to a session I was lookin at 50 dollas probably

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
You could just set a flat rate per hour.

What needs to be factored in is your skill, equipment, quality of the recordings and your expenses like electricity and even food/drinks. Some dudes take the piss, like they renting your whole crib. They need to understand who runs shit... er anyway.

You could just ask them their budget and give them what they pay for.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Yeah 100 sounds good, I try charging like 20 an hour and cats dont even wanna do that cuz its in the crib, but they thought it was a big studio on the cd,
Its the age old adage your music is bangin until someone has to pay for it ( besides you of course).
If someone is serious, I think $100 is good .If you know what your doing that is.
If they arent serious, they will know that you are.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Yeah 100 sounds good, I try charging like 20 an hour and cats dont even wanna do that cuz its in the crib, but they thought it was a big studio on the cd,
Its the age old adage your music is bangin until someone has to pay for it ( besides you of course).
If someone is serious, I think $100 is good .If you know what your doing that is.
If they arent serious, they will know that you are.

yea the trouble is mixing the vocals

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
eeek yeah, you wanna sorta know what your doin there lol...
YOuve BENN A MEMBER SINCE 2005!
WTH have you been doing all this time????

at that time I didn't have a mic nor the mbox n protools now that I have these things i wanna put them to use thanx to an old friend but I have been reading the mixing vocals thread and I have a homeboy who's a brainiac to mixing vocals but imma do more rearch. I'm not go lie b4 I heard of illmuzik I thought I was just gonna be a home body to just make beats in the crib but after illmuzik my thoughts changed thru my beats I kno the aspect of trackin out my beats now my next stage is vocals.
but b4 illmuzik in my head none of that applied to me until met yall

members online