Hip Hop Confessions

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yeah.

Dude was brave admitting that.

I was hard pressed to find something to confess. I never really thought Lauren Hill was hot. I only own 3 LL Cool J albums. I think Ice Cube is the best thing to ever come out of West COast Hip Hop.

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"they play it off real good"
"NO THEY DIDN'T"
loll.

word everyone that posts here needs to confess something. hmm. i got a juvenile album when i was a kid, 400 degreez. i didn't know who the fuck lil wayne was or didn't care til i heard him on his earlier newer songs (not this pop rock shit. the pre-lollipop lil wayne).

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
HAHA Naw i can see how man never put 2&2 together. I mean, if he ain't a fan then what the hell, he don't give 2 ducks. Anyway.. this is like a hiphop mens convention but it is dope and thanks for postin this mitch

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Confession: I've never bought a Biggie or Pac album. And I was a huge Vanilla Ice fan..

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
confession: hiphop bored me until 1999 marshal mathers lp. big, pac, jayz, nas, all boring...well not quite anymore but w/e

T

The Arkitekt

I really liked Cash Money (bg, wayne, baby, juv, etc.) from like age 9-13 (that's embarrassing...), then it changed to dipset from 13/14-16. I always stuck wit LOX/D-Block and listening to BIG and stuff like that the whole time though, shieet, I'm still feelin a few jointz from early dipset stuff, mainly trackz like "Come Home Wit Me", which btw was a SICK ass beat, I started not liking dipset when that fuckin "ballin" song came out

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
aw man. i have to post another one. everyone's confession killed mine.

confessions part two: i listened to w/e hip hop was playing on the radio as a kid through my older brother and the kids on my block. then i had a phase when i was younger where i listened to strictly hard rock (yes). then i came back into hip hop listening to gangster shit. then i got into some roots reggae shit and fucking bob marley is god (no offense god). then i started listening to 'hip-hop' and alot of indie and turned into a backpacker and thought i knew EVERYTHING. now i'm just. in university

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Worst confession:

I never enjoyed music as a kid...only select songs, its crazy thinking about that now. I've loved hip hop about 15+, and soon after all kinds of music. Music is my life now, never would have guessed. Don't kill meee (sucks to be honest).

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
confession, rap is no longer one of my favorite genre's of music.

Negativity is no longer of me, but I continue the hip hop movement with a positive vibe.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
my comments in the other thread made me dig this one back up. so here's the "other" confession that i was alluding to in that thread....

I never liked Wu-Tang Clan. i like a lot of ghostface's stuff (his shit has so much comedy in it), i like some raekwon (OBFCL was tight), and method man sounds good on everybody else's shit, but as a unit, i never liked them.

now that that's out, i guess i'll try to think of a new username to come back to the forum as.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
ahhahahaha! Well, I may be guilty as well...I liked some of Wu's albums but I liked them all better as individual acts than as a collective. I went to a Wu concert and it was just madness...too many cats screaming on the mics at the same time kinda took away from their message imo. My favs were...

Method
ODB
RZA
Ghost
Raekwon

the rest were just ok with me...

LP*

ILLIEN
Ha I liked the 36 chambers, but other than that I enjoy there solo work more than them as a group. Especially alot of the members first solo lps...
My confession I guess would be I started out on hip hop with will smith haha Somebody gave me a mixtape (an actual tape lol) of his shit when I was like 5 and it had material from when he was still the fresh prince and I loved it lol I was born in 92 so it was all kinda old by then, my first cd was his big willie style cd my moms bought it for me cuz it had that just the two of us joint on there and she said it was our song cuz it was just the two of us lol. Then Nelly dropped that country grammer joint awhile after and I was all about that cuz my cousin always played it and he also played alot of bone thugs, so I got into them too...Sorry for the history lesson haha

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
My confession....

I think Kanye is #3 best hip-hop producer of all time, with primo and dre being #1 and #2 respectively.

And I own every Kanye album that he's released, and I've never done that with any other artist.....so I never owned all of Nas', jay, em, big, etc. I owned the Chronic, but never bought 2001....I never bought Street's Disciple....I didn't buy Jay-Z's vol 3 or the blueprint 3. But I own every single Kanye album..and bought them when they were released....even the 808 and heartbreak album...which I actually appreciate more at this juncture than I did when it was released.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
I think MC Hammers "bring the news" beat has MAD remake potential.
I would love to see the kit for it go up in the flip this section...
yeah, after reading some more confessions I feel kinda bad for not diggin deep enough...

here it goes
I don't like Jay Z.

I mean I recognize his skill but his voice has always grated my nerves.
and he bit BDPs album title on some bullshit, and he's constantly on BIGGIEs shit
I mean bein generous, he might make my top twenty all time... maybe
and then ta make it worse he stained Beyonce... the only thing that would change my mind on him is if he copped a couple beats... namean