Hi

GoodShot

My names Paul and I've been into music on and off for around 20 years.

First as a guitar player then got into the production side about 5 years ago but I haven't constantly been doing it.

As a guitarist coming into music production I have a fairly good understanding of melodies and key signatures.
I've got a lot better learning drum patterns and drum sounds in general.
My main weaknesses are mixing and mastering.

I use Fl studio, I've tried out a few genres, grime, trap hip hop beats.

I listened to a lot of rappers who use very simple 808 based beats and I had an idea I could probably make those kind of beats even as a relatively new beginner. As I say though I think my main weakness is the mixing and mastering.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
My names Paul and I've been into music on and off for around 20 years.

First as a guitar player then got into the production side about 5 years ago but I haven't constantly been doing it.

As a guitarist coming into music production I have a fairly good understanding of melodies and key signatures.
I've got a lot better learning drum patterns and drum sounds in general.
My main weaknesses are mixing and mastering.

I use Fl studio, I've tried out a few genres, grime, trap hip hop beats.

I listened to a lot of rappers who use very simple 808 based beats and I had an idea I could probably make those kind of beats even as a relatively new beginner. As I say though I think my main weakness is the mixing and mastering.
Welcome to illmuzik

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Understand @2GooD Productions I have a connector personality, hence the tagging of other ILLiens in my welcome.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Well @2GooD Productions I get my sus and disturbing behavior from the Shah himself @Armani but all I did was search for "guitar" with my handle and different ILL members who mention(ed) guitar in their posts appeared.

investigating alison sweeney GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

Well @2GooD Productions I get my sus and disturbing behavior from the Shah himself @Armani but all I did was search for "guitar" with my handle and different ILL members who mention(ed) guitar in their posts appeared.
You can take the girl out of the fed but you cant take the fed out of the girl

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
very simple 808 based beats
simple beats are dope. I love these kind of beats,

...HOWEVER...

unless you have an artist/vocal. They can end up being a bit 'hm', and if you're planning on entering battles here, they probably won't work so well.

But yeah, if you can get them down good, nail 'em proper, then that's dope. There's a lot of intricacy in what makes a simple beat work.

As for mixing and mastering, start posting shit and we can helppp

members online