hi to everyone

T

ThePryme

Im from so. cal. I just started having an interest in producing. I have been DJ'ing for some time now and used to bboy.

T

ThePryme

No, but I have played with some software. Such as reason, fruity loops, cool edit pro. I've been looking at some keyboard/synths particularly the e-mu halo. Any advice?

T

ThePryme

Great site you have here by the way. Im trying to get a music enthusiast site started up. Like what you've done.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

HHAHAHAHAH!!!! How did you know, Fade?

I'll say this right away: I love Emu equipment more and more every day: They're cheap, they've got great sounds, and you can edit them from a computer, you can expand them...

Emu/Ensoniq have made a new line of keyboards based on their Proteus sound engine, they're all cheap and sound great. Their keyboards transmit velocity AND aftertouch, they comes with 32mb of sounds (the same amount as the Triton), you can expand them to 128mb with Emu's expansion ROMs.

Seriously folks, these keyboards RULE. They've got tons of great sounds, an awesome keyboard controller, and they're cheap (about $600).

My only beef with them are the effects: there's only two effects blocks, and they're kind of weak compared to some of the other synths I've played with. If you're using this in conjunction with a computer, this won't be an issue as most sequencers now come with pretty good effects in them.

The Halo is manufactured by Ensoniq (they're partners with Emu), it comes with the 'Perfect Piano' as part of its sound set. I have no idea how good it sounds, it's probably pretty good.

However, if you're into hip hop, the Emu MK6 may be more up your alley:

http://www.emu.com/products/mk6/index.html

Remember, Emu is the company that brought you the SP1200....

Take care,

Nick

T

ThePryme

Thanks for the peice of advice. I was kinda looking forward to the perfect piano but I guess I can make do otherwise. Do you two have AOL instant messenger or MSN?

members online