Hi - I'm Thomas. I develop FindMySong.com

Hey everyone - glad to be here! I run the site FindMySong.com, which helps you find other people to collaborate, provides a filesharing/project platform for working on stems, and lets you create and manage copyright splits in one place.

Looking forward to joining the community here (I write and produce myself)!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Hi Thomas, cool stuff. Can I ask what your site brings to the table over other services for example Ohm studio and indabamusic.com I constantly collaborate with musicians all over the world and would love to find better ways to do it. Thanks for your thoughts?

Thanks! Glad to be here.

TheDreamPolice - sure, love to tell you about it. Ohm Studio is actually an audio workstation online, so you can record together using it as a DAW. We don't get involved in this aspect at all - to record, you use your already-existing DAW's (most popular on the site are Ableton, Logic X, and Pro Tools).

Indaba is much closer to what we do. They have projects and you can go find other people to make music with. However, the way we do things is a little different. First of all, we let you determine what your copyright splits are going to be, and keep an updated split sheet with yourself and your team members. We designed the system with Nestor Rodriguez, who used to be the VP of publishing at Universal, so we made sure it would work.

Next thing is that we integrated with Dropbox so that all your files are hosted on perhaps the easiest-to-use cloud filehosting platform. These files aren't readily available to anyone who wants them - you have to approve them into your project for them to have access to your files. This way you can find collaborators without a ton of people being able to download your files. Finally, when you share files with people on the site, we made a system modeled after GitHub. When you make an update, you "push" it to the other members of the project, and when they make updates you "pull" the update. Whenever this happens, you can review the change and choose whether you want to accept the update or not. This way, no one can delete or alter your files.

We did things this way so you can collaborate online with other people without ever risking legal issues down the road or people messing with your files. Keeps things much safer.

Whew, that turned out longer than I thought! Hope that clears things up for you though - don't want to talk too much about the site, or else Illmuzik will think I'm a spammer :/

Not yet :/ automatically registering the song with your PRO is actually pretty difficult, but we're working on it. The site's only been launched since the beginning of January, so we're still in beta and working on new features.