Hey beat maker community

Battle Points: 69
Thanks for letting me join the gang. I am a beat maker from Surrey, BC Canada. I was looking for a place to link with other beat makers and improve my skills and I think this is it. I have been getting serious about beats again over the last year or so after a few years of slacking. It was frustrating at first but now I'm having a great time and learning a lot of new techniques. I use Maschine for beats and Logic for recording. I am excited to enter beat battles and showcase my beats for public roastings. I look forward to getting to know you all and somehow contributing to the community.

Hey, why are there always way more guests on here than members? What are they up to?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome, fellow Canuck! There's a guy on here from BC, he has a big beard and does roofing or something like that.

We've always had a lot of lurkers but also they can be Google and Microsoft bots.

How did you find us?

Welcome, fellow Canuck! There's a guy on here from BC, he has a big beard and does roofing or something like that.

We've always had a lot of lurkers but also they can be Google and Microsoft bots.

How did you find us?
Thanks , Fade. I just searched for beat maker forums and liked the look of this one. Good battles, articles and a variety of styles.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Last edited:
Welcome @Reg. Sized Pako and what’s your musical backstory? Since ya use Logic you can collab with @crog85 and @LiveLargeBeats
Thanks for the welcome, OGBama. I started playing guitar at 10 years old. I started playing trumpet when I was 12 and played into my early 20s. I played trumpet in jazz band and orchestra and played guitar in a rock band for a while in high school. I didn't get heavy into hip hop until I was about 16. When I was 21 (2002) I took out a loan and bought a Yamaha Motif keyboard and started making beats. My friend introduced me to some MCs that he worked with and we made some songs and albums. It didn't take long before people started to lose their drive and direction and the crew kind of fizzled out. I started a career in construction and got a girlfriend who was not very understanding of my passion. I was still making music and collaborating but not enough to progress much if at all. Anyway, I was with that girl for way too long and when we split I was hella rusty with beat making and mixing . It took me quite a while to overcome the fear/pain of making shitty beats but I've been working through it and it is exciting to feel like I am progressing and not stuck in a rut. I look forward to beat collabs. I've never done one.

members online