Heres A TIP for making More Beats

BROUSSARD BEATS

BroussardGoHard
ill o.g.
OK heres a tip for you gays and ladies on making more beats when your mind is stuck in the mud I use this all the time to sale beats to rappers and r&b artist

acapellas get yourself a lot of them and make beats around them let people listen to the beat without the acapellas then turn the vocals on and watch thier face light up

you make more beats by doing this like i say this is for the people who don't have rappers or never work with R&B

Just something i do

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I never even thought of doing that and I've been thinking of how to craft beats to a wanted mood. I feel slow now, lol, thanks for the tip!

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
Yea, I've done that before, back in the days. I was making a remix to "Best of me" with Jay-Z and Mya and I started doing it.

I used to ask heads to drop their verses on my voicemail and I would sculp the beat around it like that. Back in the days it was harder, but since I could record from the phone patch in the studio, it's been mad easier to call up my voicemail and record straight to pro tools.

Killah Tekniq

ill o.g.
Thanks man...I had producer's block for almost a month then I read this thread and started to pull out all my pld Hip Hop records and guess what I found...Pete Rock & Cl Smooths - It's A Love Thing w/acapella version!!! I think I just made the hottest beat Ive ever done and the remix is even hotter!!! I'll be posting the track sometime this week so keep a look out for me in the Showcase sections...Youre a genius!!! Although I used to do this all the time...But never had such an outcome...

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hypnotist said:
Yea, I've done that before, back in the days. I was making a remix to "Best of me" with Jay-Z and Mya and I started doing it.

I used to ask heads to drop their verses on my voicemail and I would sculp the beat around it like that. Back in the days it was harder, but since I could record from the phone patch in the studio, it's been mad easier to call up my voicemail and record straight to pro tools.

how do you record from the phone

B

Burna

wooord up man., nice fucking idea. mad props son.

yo, for ya'll without records, im posting nice links to find some nice apella. samples!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
its also good to cut out sections of acapellas, pitch em up, sync them with your drums and use that for the hook or a background sound. no this isnt kanyeezy typing.

seriously it gives the beat character.

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
50 cal said:
how do you record from the phone

You can do a few things:

You can use a phone patch and call your voicemail with that, hook it up to Pro Tools, or your recording software and record the convo or voicemail message.
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-624D

OR

make a phone call from your computer... Your line output of your computer will play what the earpiece would hear on a phone. Take a 1/8" jack and plug it into your pro tools interface; Mbox, 001, 002, etc and record that into pro tools while your computer is on the phone. I haven't messed with this yet, just thought of it myself... I don't know whether you can send DTMF signals from your computer to "log in" on your voicemail.

I don't know if you can do this internally, without having to hook up a wire back to your interface, but I've done this before while on itunes radio, and recorded some symphony stuff back into pro tools that way.

OR

Get a wire that connects from your phone to a 1/8" jack. Record into pro tools this way.

OR

Take an old handsfree wire that fits your phone, and cut the wire... Splice this into whatever wire you want to go into pro tools or your computer sound card. This ruins 2 wires, but it's worth it if you can't find the right wire or adapter for your phone to plug into another one (without the headset on it).

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
its also good to cut out sections of acapellas, pitch em up, sync them with your drums and use that for the hook or a background sound. no this isnt kanyeezy typing.

seriously it gives the beat character.

I'ma try that

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Take an old handsfree wire that fits your phone, and cut the wire... Splice this into whatever wire you want to go into pro tools or your computer sound card. This ruins 2 wires, but it's worth it if you can't find the right wire or adapter for your phone to plug into another one (without the headset on it).

anyone know how to splice that? i tried but im not getting any sound....

it looks like theres a bundle of copper wires inside the 1/4 that im trying to attach it to, and in the middle of those is another bunch coated in white. the handsfree jack has a bundle of copper wiresm and then what loooks like red, blue, and gree wires as well.

thanks

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
I can't tell you exactly what wires you need to attach to.

the wires for the handsfree device should be 1) and 2) microphone (don't need) 3) and 4) speaker leads. The copper might be shielding that goes to nothing, but twist those up and try that too.

all you need is mono. If your 1/4 inch wire is stereo, then only 2 of the wires should be used. (pos & neg, or tip and sleeve)

It might be more complicated if your handsfree earpiece for your phone had a volume control, etc.

Good luck.

members online