Help with Sampling

x\SoopaD/x

ill o.g.
All right, I got some samples that sound good, but there's stuff that needs to be taken out. For example, I want violins from a sample, but I want to get rid of the rest. What do I need to do?

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
what you need to do is search, this topic comes up all the time.

but what you need to do is use and equalizer to try and isolate the sound you want. There is no magic forumula to remove specific instruments or vocals. Get your sample running through an eq and boost a small section. then move that around the frequency range untill you hear the sound you want to take out really loud and in front. then take that boost down and make it real quiet. you could also do it the other way around, find the sound you want to use and trun everything else down.

but there is no absolute formula that can isolate or remove specific sounds, unless they are completely seperated frequency wise and dont overlap.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Exactly. You can't just take out certain instruments out of a sample. Use can try to use EQ or certain preset filters, but there's no magic formula.

B

Burna

I'm sorry, but i can't even answer this one with a straight face.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
he was totally joking bro. I was more laughing at his joke than siding with it, for the record. It's all love though and its an understandable question that every person who samples wonders at one point or another.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^shit /// you know me that well ?!?!? cuz you're right lol!

but nah, its was a joke too, all i like to say is

READ THE FORUM,SEARCH THE FORUM

or

RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

members online