help with microphone won't work?

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i got a cad glx2200 and when i put it in my soundcard i get no sound but if i put the computer mic in it works. is it best to get a small mixer and connect the mixer into the soundcard? i originally got the dididesign mbox 2 mini but due to not enough ram in my computer i have to wait til i get a new one to use it. i messed up and didn't look at system requirements but in the meantime i want to use the mic any advice on wat to do? thanks this is driving me nuts!!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
i got a cad glx2200 and when i put it in my soundcard i get no sound but if i put the computer mic in it works. is it best to get a small mixer and connect the mixer into the soundcard? i originally got the dididesign mbox 2 mini but due to not enough ram in my computer i have to wait til i get a new one to use it. i messed up and didn't look at system requirements but in the meantime i want to use the mic any advice on wat to do? thanks this is driving me nuts!!

Studio Mics need a power source. U need a phantom power supply like a Peavey PS 4AC.

http://www.peavey.com/products/brow...cat/120/begin/1/PS?-4AC+with+Power+Supply.cfm

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks i will price some out. so i would plug the mic in there then the power source to the computer

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
thanks i will price some out. so i would plug the mic in there then the power source to the computer

Yes. Mic to one of the power supplys inputs then out of the power supply to your sound card.

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
tru dat thanks going guitar center in the morning.

Behringer Eurorack UB502 5-Channel Compact Mixer how about this will this do?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
tru dat thanks going guitar center in the morning.

Behringer Eurorack UB502 5-Channel Compact Mixer how about this will this do?

The write up says that it has a mic preamp built in so you should be str8. That's a nice little compact mixer. Let me know how it works for you.

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i ended up getting the behringer xenyx 802 little bigger and cost bout 69. man at the guitar center said i has to have phantom power to run the mic. so i got the 802 instead of the smaller one but it works good. mic working so its all good now.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
i ended up getting the behringer xenyx 802 little bigger and cost bout 69. man at the guitar center said i has to have phantom power to run the mic. so i got the 802 instead of the smaller one but it works good. mic working so its all good now.

The man in this thread said you needed phontom power as well.....lol.

I'm glad you can use your mic homie. After you upgrade to a better computer your MBOX should make it happen for you to. Good luck!

members online