help with effects on fl studio generators?

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
whats some good effects to add to the generators like wasp,simsynth,sytrus? i just trying to make them sound better. i am still in the learning process. i have added the 7 band eq and vocoder. to me the quality of the sounds you can get off of fl studio generators good enough to make some banging beats but i guess u just got to know how to twirk the knobs on the generators and add effects to get the sound you want and a clean one. i am working with fl studio 5 xxl,cool edit and acid 4.0. i am thinking bout getting sonar 4 producer edition to go with fantom x6 or triton extreme 61key that i am thinking bout getting or does getting a sound module be a better route to go with sonar. i just wanna use the sounds from the fantom or extreme. i like doin the drums on fl studio. reason 3.0 mite be added to the mix. any info,tips appreciated. thanks

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
First of all dog,

Dont use the Fl studio preset instuments and synths. Its not worth your rime man. Nobody is going to listen to beats made with shitty FL studio presets like Sytrus and Boo Bass and that crap as such. Use the browser to search for "FREE VST PLUGINS". Vst plugins are the instruments and effects that are in FL like Boo Bass, FL KEYS, and Sytrus. The internet has sweet VST's like strings, flutes, sitars, thousands of ear tickling synths, bells, anything you want man. I've found so many VSt's on the internet for free. The BEST Vsts you have to buy though. Ive bought a few like the syntheway strings and the Rhodes piano I use. If you need help installing the vst's or you want to learn how to use the sampler to upload new and exciting drums into FL, holla at me.

Just here to help,
incinnatti, OH.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
micv30, as far as drums sounds, you have to look around the net maybe even purchase some. Do a Google search for "Akai KOTW", this will lead you to an archive of free drum sounds (like 808s). IMO, You should look into soundfonts. You can download the "sfz player" to get started.

Also, learning how to use effects is not going to happen overnight and the only way you'll learn is by teaching yourself.

Good Luck.

Elementree said:
Dont use the Fl studio preset instuments and synths. Its not worth your rime man. Nobody is going to listen to beats made with shitty FL studio presets like Sytrus and Boo Bass and that crap as such.

Free VST's are better? There is nothing wrong with Boo Bass or Sytrus (or FL Keys & Slayer). You have to know how to use them. I just wouldn't rely on the standard samples.

Ctrl

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks elementree and m!nd_ctrl for the info. yeah i got some sample cds from ebay with good drums. i just trying to get everything else as far sounds like strings,piano etc... but i gonna check into the free vst's and start shopping around for vst's. thanks again for the info...

I Got The Sonic Synth But I Not Getting Any Sound From It? I Also Got A Few Other Vst's From Rocketloop.com They Are Just The .dll How Do I Get Them To Work In Fl Studio 5 Xxl. Thanks For Any Help

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
I find that Sytrus and Boo Bass come in extremly handy. With BBass as my starting point, I have made some sick basslines. It all depends on how you process it. Only thing that I find lacking in BBass is the absence of an ASDR envelope.

Sytrus can make some really nice sounds if you know how to use it. I suggest learning how to program a synth because the parameters on all synths are basically the same. So if you can program a nice patch in Sytrus, you will be able to do the same with just about any synth, hardware or software.

Don't limit yourself by not giving a particular peice of gear a try, especially one you already have, due to a non informative reply by an ignorant forum member. Just because he cannot use these to his benefit doesn't mean you can't either.

When I drop tracks for people to listen to nobody can tell if I used BooBass or not for my bassline.

micv30 said:
I Also Got A Few Other Vst's From Rocketloop.com They Are Just The .dll How Do I Get Them To Work In Fl Studio 5 Xxl. Thanks For Any Help

If you used the default install directory when you installed FlStudio, then copy those .dll files to
"C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FlStudio5\Plugins\Vst\".

Open FlStudio and when you load your VST, select "More.." from the list. Then click the refresh button at the bottom. Select fast scan. When the refresh is finished, any new plugins will be highlighted in red. Click the box next to the VST('s) you want to use so they have an X in them. Close the box and now those VST's are on your menu ready to use.

K

krayJ

Where can I find this BooBass generator plugin. I have FL Studio 6 Producer's Ed. Thanks

members online