Help with Controller Keyboard Setup

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
IM having an extremly hard time hooking up my controller keyboard my sound card has no midi ports at all so i had 2 buy this adapter called midisport uno its a usb to midi interface it has 3 cables a midi input , a midi output , and a usb cable , my controller keyboard only has a midi output port so i have the midi output pluged into the keyboard and the usb pluged into my computer with the midi input cable just hangin doin nothing . So now i go to reason 2.5 then preferences then select advanced midi but in the miscellaneous section where there is 2 boxes a Remote Control box and a Midi Clock sync box both say no midi input and it will not let me change these at all so im not sure if my computer is even recognizing that i have this keyboard hooked up or wat but i no ive tried to find midi input in reason 2.5 and also fruity loops with no luck at finding it

ANywayz if u could help me out thankz in advance gota fuckin headache now

Peace

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
What controller keyboard do you have?...Make sure all of tha required drivers are installed for that keyboard of yers and then go to pref's...

For ex.

I have a Oxygen 8 that i use to write midi to Reason 2.5, and before i installed and updated tha drivers from m-audios site for my keyboard my computer never recognized that it was even there!...So after all tha drivers needed were installed i went to tha pref's again in Reason and then my keyboard was visible - meaning that tha computer than recognized that it hooked up anytime i plugged my USB cable into tha computer.

As far as tha midi clock sync, i dont think u really even gotta fuck with that!?....I think u can decide to mess with that later?...Im pretty sure u jus gotta make sure yer computer recognizes yer keyboard and then in tha prefs in Reason choose tha midi window for midi decivices and it should be in there to choose.

ALSO:

Dont forget that in reason tha layer/instrument that you want to control via midi must have tha midi icon located on tha left hand side of tha chosen instruments layer. If it doesnt then you wont hear any sound.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Connect the MIDI out of your controller to the MIDI in of the Uno...that way, when you press a key, a MIDI signal passes through the out port of the controller and into the in port of the Uno and into the computer.

You don't have a Remote Control box, so don't worry about it.
You are not using an external sequencer that transmits MIDI clock, so don't worry about it.

Somewhere in your Reason preferences you should see something to the effect of 'USB Uno MIDI Input', if you do then this means that the computer (and Reason) sees your Uno and will be looking for it to receive MIDI information from the controller. If you cannot see it, it is possible that you haven't installed the Uno properly on your computer.

Take care,

Nick

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
I got some Controller keyboard that my dad bought like 5 yrs ago it came with some version of cakewalk its called mk-149 evolution i dont got the cd roms and shit that came with it so i duno maybe i can find a site where i can update the drivers i hope so anyways . Uh vitamin im not sure wat u mean by connect the midi out to the midi in of the Uno if u mean by pluging the midi out cord into the keyboard then pluging the usb cord into the computer thats wat ive done but then i still have the extra cord dangling there which is the midi in cord i was just not sure if this really matters or if this is needed for something all i no is there is nowhere for me 2 plug it into

C

Copenhagen

CampO, I'm using the midisport uno too. You're doing it right. Plug the midi cable which says out into the midi out on your keyboard. Then plug in the USB to the computer.
Then a driver disc should have followed with your midisport uno. Install that.
If no disc went with it, here's a link to another thread about the exact same problem where I included a link to where you can get the driver...scroll down the page until you reach "USB midi interfaces"...that should do the trick.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
wheres da link at and why my topic says its been moved if its been moved should atleast say where its been moved 2 so i can find it also i have the disc that came with the uno only thing is when i install it it says some shit about not being tested for compatibility with windows Xp and it ask me if i wanna ignore dat so i do then it proceeds 2 install but after its installed i keep gettin a popup sayin it wasint installed properly man i duno if i should just take this shit back 2 the store or wat

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
CampO, when it says "moved" it's just a quick note to notify everyone, and all you have to do is click the link and it will take you to where the thread is, simple.