Help me Pick a New Soundcard

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Well My B-day Comin up in a few Days Damn gettin old gonna be 22

And with the Money I get Im a get a new Sound Card So Im probably Gonna Get like $100 from my Dad Maybe a Lil more from my Mom and a bit from everyone else

So im Lookin at around $200-300 Cdn. so like $150-225 Us and Ill Add a Bill , BIllFitty so probably around $400 Cdn im lookin at

Please I dont Trust Sales Men So Lemme No Wat 2 Copp Ill FAM

P.S im lookin at the Emu- 1212m so far

Ez.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
When you do a post like this, it helps to be as specific as possible.

Some questions you should answer when choosing a soundcard

how many in/outs do i actually need for recording?

will i need midi support?

is my studio setup gonna be portable?

are the drivers compatible with my OS?

Is the company still supporting the product I want? (in regards for possibility for future upgrades)

And finally when looking up information before making a purchase,
do various searches even on different forums.
there is NO question on here that hasn't been asked, so there's a wealth of knowledge in these pages, you just gotta look. Peeeace

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
i got a tascam us 122 for 199 and had no problems with it it connects to usb check it out at the tascam website

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Aight Ill check the Tascam Out Good Lookz

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
ive had the tascam us122 before and it works great...for labtops. (just my opinion. never tried it with a pc). i have the 1212m and its great but i need more in's/out's (which will lead me to get the M box) so in my opinion, get the 1820M (comes with the mbox and the sister card). a little bit more pricey but worth it.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I got a delta 1010lt, sounds dope but there's alot of in's and outs you won't use unless you wire everything straight to your soundcard rather than a mixer... But the sound is really good!

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Ive Been Doin alot of Investigation and IM a bit Confused now as too whats better a Internal PCI Card or a External Usb/Firewire Interface

SO far from what ive been reading it Seems like the Internal Cards are alot better Latency Wise

Anyways Lemme No what you think is better Me Personally Im liking the External Cards Just Cuz they Seem more Versatile

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
oh yeah! i forgot to mention that when i had the us122 i had a lot of latency problems. i think it was because of the usb connection more than the unit. although i know you could hook it up via midi but i suggest you rather get the PCI cards.

Paul_Caruso

ill o.g.
There's nothing wrong with the latency of external soundcards IF they're Firewire. On my M-Audio Firewire 410 I've got 2 Analogue Ins and 8 analogue outs plus 2 digital of each. In cubase I'm getting latency of about 5ms output and 6ms input. Which is wonderful.

Firewire is the way to go if you want to use the interface with more than one computer. Otherwise just get a card, they are cheaper so you can spend more money on the sound!

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I have a 1010lt that is a great card the only thing I dont like ost the wires stickin out the back, but the latency and sound is terrific, The Maudio firewire solo it think is the way to go its bout 200usd, and it has midi, 1 preamp and 2 ins and outs its not big dogging it but its would work pllus u can get protools for it or runnit with other daw's hope this helps

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Aight thanks for the help yall ya i Think i may grab a Firewire Interface cuz alot of them seem to come with Pre's and Cuz My boy plays GUitar and Bass

and I Been waiting a Minute 2 Get him Hooked up 2 My Computer 2 Do some crazy shit

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
omg dude i just copped an M-Audio audiophile 2496, midi, digital audio, 4in 4out amazin, omg so cheap and like no latency pcia as well! amazin get it