Hello there i am looking to buy...

A

akj5011

Hello there im new to this forum so be nice :D, right i wish to start recording some hip hop track with some friends. But i dont realy know where to start i mean i have used FL and cubase but i think i need some hardware as in a beat machine and a decent mic, but i need some asvice on what to buy any idear?

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well if you just looking to record, then u have it all except a mic, get a condenser one too, no dynamic ones, and you will need some phantom power to run it to the comp so u need to pick that up too. You can record your vocals into cubase.

A

akj5011

Yea but what drum machine to you think i should use? bareing in mind this is for hip hop music?

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Also do you want to go a hardware, or software route? [FL studio is VERY powerful software, and what i use.]

If you want to go souftware route, Get a nice MIDI controller like an Axiom49, or Radium49+Korg padKontrol.

Your not being very clear on exactly what you want to do. You say you wanna record some track's with friends, But then ask for recommendation's for a drum machine? Is it that you wanna lay down vocal's over say instrumental's, Or do you wanna learn to produce beats, And / or Record vocal's. You CAN do one, without the other.

To record, You'll need a decent condenser mic, Along with a good mic pre.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Hello there im new to this forum so be nice :D, right i wish to start recording some hip hop track with some friends. But i dont realy know where to start i mean i have used FL and cubase but i think i need some hardware as in a beat machine and a decent mic, but i need some asvice on what to buy any idear?

ill sell you a 88 key korg triton Keyboard wit built in CD Burner

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
Ok just to warn everyone...This post is going to turn into a hardware vs. software post if we're not careful...and we all know how that goes. Bottom line is you need to experiment with stuff and find the workflow that suits you best. Browse these forums and read about what other people like/dislike about their setup and apply it.
Good Luck

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
you can get an older roland mc-505 drum machines on ebay in good conditions now for about $200 - $300 ((( now thats a great deal for what this machine can do ))) the operating system is very simple to learn and the instruction manual is fairly easy to understand. this would be a great first drum machine for you. i paid $1200 for mine in 98' have had 3 so far, now i still use one and have a customized one im working on.
hope this helps,
ELDIA

members online