Hello again forum!

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo
Some old timers may remember my wierd beats on the forum when I say my user name was "dnt". Time have passed and since 2003 or 2004 (when I was visiting this forum), I released a lot of music including my two first album, "Maxime Robin is a towntempo kind of guy" and "Mondrian Owns Geometry". Both were in nomination at l'ADISQ (More or less the big music award in Quebec, a sort of Grammy's I guess). Anyway, all that to say my third album "DIY swag" is coming out the 20th of February on Neferiu records. (A label from Vancouver specializing in rap and instrumental hiphop)

go to maximerobin.bandcamp.com to hear the preview of the album

Here is my spammy bio.

A good swaggy dose of "go ahead and do it!"

D.I.Y. swag is the new album by Maxime Robin to be released February 20 on Neferiu Records, a label specialized in rap and instrumental music. It’s the perfect environment for the third album of the artist. It follows the Mondrian Owns Geometry album released in 2010 on the French netlabel Fresh Poulp records. Marmalade (of the group Pigeon Hole which is part of the Vancouver collective Sweatshop Union) and the enigmatic label mate of Professor Mandrake decorate with their voices the "lo-fi" album that lie somewhere between hiphop culture and electronic machines. A special physical edition is currently in preorder on the Bandcamp site of the artist (maximerobin.bandcamp.com).

But who is Maxime Robin?

Maxime Robin cuts into little pieces sounds from 1-dollar-bin LPs, old VHS movies, furniture squeaks, or any sound source. He glues them together to form electronic music heavily influenced by hip-hop culture. Something close to the groove of J-Dilla and the experimentations of Prefuse 73 So. Twice nomited at the ADISQ awards (roughly the equivalent of the Junos in Quebec) for these solo albums, he is also half of the dubstep duo Pax Kingz (the other half being Millimetrik) and half of the irreverent french rap duo MC Phylis et Maxime Robin.

He was the hiphop music director, Program Director, Chairman of the Board, facilitator, show host and volunteer at CHYZ, the radio of the students of Laval University. Now, he writes in french on his own blog at 30bpm.com, but also on Ghetto Érudit’s blog and, in English, on DJ Lexis‘s Music is my sanctuary.

members online