Have you ever been through this??

Lo'Nye

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hi !!

Fam have you ever been through a "musical depression"? I mean for 3 weeks or 4, I was like "nah producing it's not for me" so I've decided 2 stop it. 2 days ago, I re-started 2 do music again.
You know it's a kinda discouragement when the music you're doing it's not what you're hearing in your head... I mean it's like your music is still on the same level!!
You're tryin' to reach the next level, the danger zone but the things are still the same!!
I know that nothing come easy but I didn't know that production would be so hard...

So I'm like : am I made 2 produce?? And when I think about it I'm like man I love this music since I'm a lil kid. Even if I started producing for less than one year, the production has always been my favorite field on the music!!
And now (for 1 month) this is the SCSI of my MPC 2000 which doesn't work anymore, one week ago I would have say that this is a sign of God showing me that producing is not my field but yesterday I decided to say that maybe this a sign that I have 2 buy a MPC 2000 xl :)!!!

Anyway I'm back in the game but if I knew that the game was hard like this, I would have play another game (like soccer lol)!!

I'm discovering that real production (not big loops like Puff used 2 do :p ) it's a kinda hard but I have to persevere!!

One

Lo'Nye

T

The Bastard

Lo'Nye said:
Hi !!

Fam have you ever been through a "musical depression"? I mean for 3 weeks or 4, I was like "nah producing it's not for me" so I've decided 2 stop it. 2 days ago, I re-started 2 do music again.
You know it's a kinda discouragement when the music you're doing it's not what you're hearing in your head... I mean it's like your music is still on the same level!!
You're tryin' to reach the next level, the danger zone but the things are still the same!!
I know that nothing come easy but I didn't know that production would be so hard...

So I'm like : am I made 2 produce?? And when I think about it I'm like man I love this music since I'm a lil kid. Even if I started producing for less than one year, the production has always been my favorite field on the music!!
And now (for 1 month) this is the SCSI of my MPC 2000 which doesn't work anymore, one week ago I would have say that this is a sign of God showing me that producing is not my field but yesterday I decided to say that maybe this a sign that I have 2 buy a MPC 2000 xl :)!!!

Anyway I'm back in the game but if I knew that the game was hard like this, I would have play another game (like soccer lol)!!

I'm discovering that real production (not big loops like Puff used 2 do :p ) it's a kinda hard but I have to persevere!!

One

Lo'Nye

HERE ;)

Attachments

• KLEENEX.gif
    KLEENEX.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 119

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You have to also ask yourself if you want to do this for fun (as a hobby) or as a profession. Either way, stop thinking so much about it and just make music! :thumb:

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Isn't that just like writer's block? I'm sure everyone is going to or already has experienced it at some point. Its not exactly unproductive to leave it for a few days, relax and come back to it when you feel like it or when you have a particular idea.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea i used to get this quite a lot but i kinda got in the zone recently where i never force myself to work on beats i just know wen its time to work and wen its time to chill and im gettin more done that way and i havent had any producers block for a while !

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
''Producer's Block'',...lol a special form of writer's block which only producers can fall victim to.

I just get inspierd quite easily, not even necesarily by music I'm listening to or things going on around me...Even paintings or some unusual architecture I see can be inspiring [well, to me at least. Does that make me strange, lol?]

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Fade said:
Either way, stop thinking so much about it and just make music! :thumb:

Yeah, just read the Jay-Z quote on my Signature.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Dear Lo'nye.... where this discourage thing is going to lead you?? Man, we are all human, everyone has to go through that and Yeah, its sucks. I guess theres no miracle solution, beside keeping going. Remember that you have dreams... and to follow your dreams, you have to keep focus on that direction. You are on a learning process. Keep developping your sound, your style and importantly, the music thats on your head. If that can help, post your beat on the showcase, get feed back. Let people hear your stuff to be heard.
Every solution is in your hand. You just need some motivation. En effet, peut-etre qu'un peu de nouveau dans ton équipement t'aidera! I think theres nothing wrong about trying of finding yourself musically. Ask God to give you back some creativity so you can be exctited while making some bangers!

Illmuzik Fam is there to give you the support that you need!!!!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
lots of roads are bumpy.. so if you fall do you keep lying there?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
well you do you suicide maniac, just to annoy the traffic hehe.

On topic, you cant force yourself into instant extreme crafty productions... I mean, if you nose is on the screen and shit dont work you simply pull you nose out of it and engage something you enjoy aswell.

Or smoke some and take that brain offline...works for me, in any case dont think or talk about beats.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
well you do you suicide maniac, just to annoy the traffic hehe.
LOL, yeah i know except when i go by train (dutch railways) they can do that for themselves lol.

Lo'Nye

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thank y'all 4 your positive words, I guess I have to think less and just do music and by the time I will improve myself!!

One

Lo'Nye

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Yo straight up im goin threw it now 2 . I sit down Open up Reason program up my drums really fast which i'll use as a rough copy 2 build the beat but when i load up my pianos , strings , guitars , or watever else im gonna use Everything that I end up coming up with Just Aint Sounding Inspiring 2 me ontop of that My Turntable is fucked up its only playing on the left side now so i cant even listen 2 my records and digg for some Samples properly .

I dont no what i should just completly take a break for a few weeks or what . And its wierd 2 because i went 2 my moms house for a Week at Christmas and Couldint stop thinkin about making some Fresh new beats but when i Came back Its just not happening . HELP ME !

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
All in all you can't rack your brain with thoughts of what you'll gain from this game. You have to enjoy it first. If you don't enjoy it, then it becomes like a job, or something that you feel obligated to do. Worrying about if your beats will make it to the next level? What next level? Make your own damn level!! Take that MPC to the shop; get it fixed and bang out some ish!! Take a walk in tha' city and feel the vibe of what's around you. Listen to the noises and situations that unfold before you. Inspiration is never far from reach. You'll know it when you feel it! It'll crack you upside the head like a Louisville Slugger and you'll be like "OH Shit!" LOL!
ONE

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
When you're in a slump just listen to music and it will make you remember the love that made you get into it... Keep your head up

members online