Has any one been in a beat battle that wasnt online?

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Whats good my ppl Just came back from a beat battle out n Jerz, I lost but its all g mad ppl gave me love n felt my shyt, ne way i was just wondering if any of yall eva did one hit me up with yall experience 1

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Yes I have been in 2 live beat battles and it was cool, one of them was the UFC here, I battled Judah it was mad people there too, I came in 2nd but anyhow it was tight because the crowd reaction is what gets it, so you better have some shit that moves, they not looking for pretty or musical beats in most battles though especially if the crowd has anything to do with it they want shit that rocks and it depends on the judges too, also its going to depend on where you are too....that whole a hot beat is a hot beat dont apply either, because in a battle it has to be the right kind of hot beat going up against something that moves and has all of the right elements, like Drums and Bass.....a catchy monotonous melody helps too...

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
KENWOP said:
yea i was in the ipa producer battle inn nyc finished 3 got mad love and i had a good time
@ the nuyoricans poet cafe right? I was gonna do that on sunday, but imma be in florida, imma see if they lemme get on for august, I was just in Meet the producers III

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
trinidad said:
@ the nuyoricans poet cafe right? I was gonna do that on sunday, but imma be in florida, imma see if they lemme get on for august, I was just in Meet the producers III

yup lemme no when you gonna do it i will come through

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
I've been in the Reign Supreme twice. Its real cool to do your thang in battle mode in front of the crowd. Beat selection is the key and all that stuff BigD said is true. I got invited back to the second one I competed in. I gained a lot of stock around my way from doin them thangs plus sold some beats.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
KENWOP said:
yup lemme no when you gonna do it i will come through

MOs definatly fam, thats wassup yo on this sunday u should check it out i wont be there but i wish i could my man def dom i gonna compete that boy got some shyt for real he on my space ill post his url when in a bit,

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
ShortFuze said:
I've been in the Reign Supreme twice. Its real cool to do your thang in battle mode in front of the crowd. Beat selection is the key and all that stuff BigD said is true. I got invited back to the second one I competed in. I gained a lot of stock around my way from doin them thangs plus sold some beats.

Thats the truth but u know wat not only is it sleection but now it's the show too cuz the guy that beat me in the battle had a show n errthang that boy was eating chicken had voices in the beat incinuation i was a puss this kid had the whole show aspect his beat was aiight though, but at the end alot of ppl told my my shyt was way hotta, but otha than that i love em they lett u see who ppl really react to your stuff,

N u from NC, right that like the brooklyn of the south yall hip hop scene is really dope, that justice league stuff is fiya i can image what else is out there.

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
trinidad said:
MOs definatly fam, thats wassup yo on this sunday u should check it out i wont be there but i wish i could my man def dom i gonna compete that boy got some shyt for real he on my space ill post his url when in a bit,

no doubt its this sun @nuyorican what time does it start??

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
KENWOP said:
no doubt its this sun @nuyorican what time does it start??

not 100% sure them joints usually start round 8ish once i find out ill post it

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
trinidad said:
Thats the truth but u know wat not only is it sleection but now it's the show too cuz the guy that beat me in the battle had a show n errthang that boy was eating chicken had voices in the beat incinuation i was a puss this kid had the whole show aspect his beat was aiight though, but at the end alot of ppl told my my shyt was way hotta, but otha than that i love em they lett u see who ppl really react to your stuff,

N u from NC, right that like the brooklyn of the south yall hip hop scene is really dope, that justice league stuff is fiya i can image what else is out there.

Yeah true. If you got a lil show around your beats it gives you a definate edge. My boy had this dude come out and play guitar with one of his tracks and the crowd dug the hell outta that.

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
thing is they give you 2 mins so this one dude was playing like 3 or 4 beats at a time and almost started a brwl caus after he would go his comp would be yelling im only playing 1 beat lol shit was crazy

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
KENWOP said:
thing is they give you 2 mins so this one dude was playing like 3 or 4 beats at a time and almost started a brwl caus after he would go his comp would be yelling im only playing 1 beat lol shit was crazy

yea i hate that some azaholez be playing like 4 beats in 1 that shyt aint right

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
yea but they couldn't do anything caus da rules aint say just one beat thay should make it a rule!!!!

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
KENWOP said:
yea but they couldn't do anything caus da rules aint say just one beat thay should make it a rule!!!!

WORD UP BUT IN THE EAST IMMA TRY TO SET UP A BATTLE OUT HEAR IN NEWARK, SOME TIME THIS SUMMA IMMA C IF I CAN PULL IT OFF BUT DEFINATLY THERES GONNA BE SOME RULES HOPE FULLY I CAN GET SOME HEADZ OFF THE BOARD TO COME THROUGH,

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
The ones i've been in had a pretty tight structure. There's three rounds and twelve contestants. You need three jointz ready for each round; two 45 second instrumentals and one 1:30 joint. The first round your 1:30 joint is something you've produced with an emcee on it. The second round your 1:30 is your beat with an actual cat performing live. The third round your 1:30 is a remix of a joint that the promoters provide. Each round two cats go head to head with their 45 second beatz and then play their 1:30 joint.

check out the link if you wanna see how they do it for any ideas.

http://www.ReignSupreme-BeatBattle.com

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
trinidad said:
WORD UP BUT IN THE EAST IMMA TRY TO SET UP A BATTLE OUT HEAR IN NEWARK, SOME TIME THIS SUMMA IMMA C IF I CAN PULL IT OFF BUT DEFINATLY THERES GONNA BE SOME RULES HOPE FULLY I CAN GET SOME HEADZ OFF THE BOARD TO COME THROUGH,

im there whenevas son just holla

members online