Hardware vs. Software

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
nope... my cpu is strictly internet... its like 9 yrs old now... if and when i do make the change, yes, i will be goin the Apple route... as far as Maschine is concerned, i like what it does, but as i stated in other threads, i dont want the 16 pads.. i like the keyboard setup.

i also agree to wat was stated b4.. too much stuff can be crazy.. its like when we all was 1st downloading kicks n snare files... after awhile, u got gigs upon gigs of sounds, and it takes alot of time to go thru them all.. so u just go thru ur favorites and leave the rest.. i have enuff functions on my 5 pieces to create original sounds, create a melody, drum pattern, sample, sequence it, track it down, add vocals, and press it... we all can do that now with no prob.

da relic

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I think you should have a mixture if your able to. My setup since I started was the mpc1000 and roland xp30(sold xp30 for a motif rack 2yrs ago). I got rid of the 1000 for maschine, but still love the sounds from the motif rack. The fact that I could use Maschine with my rack is what sold me. My way of making music has gotten faster with maschine and hardly no change in workflow.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
nope... my cpu is strictly internet... its like 9 yrs old now... if and when i do make the change, yes, i will be goin the Apple route... as far as Maschine is concerned, i like what it does, but as i stated in other threads, i dont want the 16 pads.. i like the keyboard setup.
da relic

Whats dope about maschine is that you can use your keyboard as well with your samples. Lets say you have 8 chops, you can set the mapping in maschine for each of the 8 chops in 3 diff pitches to go across 24 keys on your keyboard. I havnt used this function to much but the capibility is there.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Maschine came out at a time that i felt i was content with my set up... EVERY time i felt i had finished buyin shit, a new piece would drop that was more intriguing than the last.. there comes a time when u just have to put a lid on it and shut it down.. thats where im at, at this point.. no more spending.. u cant keep up with technology... it'll make u broke.. but for the person that has nothing and they are just starting out, ive always told them to get Reason, a Mac, and now the Maschine.

da relic

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
for sure, at some point you just have to get to work and create something! But yea for someone just starting out I would 100% agree, grab a mac, Reason/Record/Recycle, Maschine and a nice keyboard controller and buy a few nice refills and you could make anything.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
yep... the youth are very lucky that they can go that route and not hafta worry about buyin the wrong pieces.. for us older guys, we had to buy $1000s of dollars of stuff, only to find out it wasnt what we thought it was, and then a new more improved piece would drop at a later date.. very frustrating at times.

da relic

members online