Greetings..

Supernova

Battle Points: 10
My moniker is Supernova. Supernova because I'm a huge science and astronomy geek. That's about the only geek in me tho (let's be clear). I'm a Brooklyn (NY) born, Miami (FL) resident. I've been making beats on and off now for a good while. Motivation to stick with it for more than a couple of months at a time has been problematic. I've got a lot of interests and a short attention span. It doesn't help matters that I'm tentative and tend procrastinate when it comes to making beats. I tend to be my worst enemy as it relates to completing tracks. I'm pretty hard on myself, and it causes me to take a lot longer to create than they should.

Now that I've broken down my psychological profile, I want to say I joined to learn some tricks of the trade, get critique from other producers (that aids in improving my beats), and become actively involved in the competitions. I trust that all will be factors in helping to keep me motivated beyond the span of a couple of months (or whenever I get he itch).

It's a Dilla holiday!
I'd also like to take the time to acknowledge this day as it was in 2006 that James Dewitt Yancey aka Jay Dee bka J Dilla the G.O.A.T.'s life expired. I became a fan of Jay Dee's (Dilla) after reading a Questlove blog on Okayplayer in 1999 . He was raving mad about this group Slum Village (in particular the producer kid named Jay Dee). So I went and purchased the Slum Village Fantastic Vol.2 album when it was released. I had no idea what I was about to listen to. I got in the whip, slipped the disc in and I was mesmerized by the production. The imagination and raw precision of the samples, the swing of the beats, crisp snares, the various/layered rhythms and undertones, just genius. When I found out Dilla was also behind records like the "Stakes Is High" for De La, Runnin' for The Pharcyde, Busta's "Woo Haa" and Janet Jackson's Got Til It's Gone, I knew he was special, a one of a kind. His ear and techniques were/are unparalleled. His vision, imagination and feel, unmatched.

Salute to the greatest producer I ever heard in my life J Dilla.
Born Feb. 7 1974, Died February 10, 2006

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to IllMuzik! I've been following Ancient Aliens for a while now, are you into that kind of stuff? Because right now the episodes are a little far fetched, LOL.

Supernova

Battle Points: 10
A personal welcome from the president.. Does Illmuzik have elections? Thanks for the welcome. And to respond to your question, I don't do the ancient aliens and all that. Too much conjecture and imagination for my tastes. I'm heavily into empirically based data, even though most science have their origins based on theories. Physical Cosmology is my thing to be more precise.

What I find really interesting within the Multiverse Theory (M-Theory) is the "cyclic universe" which has multiple branes(each a universe) that collide, causing Big Bangs. The universes bounce back and pass through time, until they are pulled back together and collide again, destroying the old contents and creating them anew.