Got beat jacked AGAIN

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Domain name: PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
Whois Agent (fvgsjfcm@whoisprivacyprotect.com)
+1.4252740657
Fax: +1.4259744730
PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
C/O PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Technical Contact:
+1.4252740657
C/O PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Registrant Contact:
Whois Agent ()

Fax:
C/O PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Administrative Contact:
+1.4252740657
C/O PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Technical Contact:
+1.4252740657
C/O PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Registrant Contact:
Whois Agent ()

Fax:
C/O PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM
Bellevue, WA 98007
US
Yeah I just saw this also, not much given away, but at least you know where to start your investigation should you choose to pursue it.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Let's call that asshole !!!

Administrative Contact:
+1.4252740657
C/O PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Technical Contact:
+1.4252740657
C/O PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

Registrant Contact:
Whois Agent ()

Fax:
C/O PROHIPHOPBEATS.COM
Bellevue, WA 98007
US

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I called the number and yea 2good you are correct it is a privacy protection number. Dude is to scared to put his real number down.

The only way you could get them to give up his real identity would be by subpoena, but its really not worth it in my opinion, but just note the details in case in future you hear your track credited to someone else and then you know where to start the legalities.
Get fade to keep a note of the time stamp details of the track you posted in the beat this also. This will be your copyright date, it should pre-date his date from his own site. Being as his site is now dead, Im not sure he can prove a copyright date = easy win.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
No, it doesn't take metadata but it does have a time stamp plus logs will show that I didn't tamper with the records so we're good on that end. It takes the name of the beat and stores that plus other info like your username, etc. The fact that this song is a completely off the wall name helps too.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
wow, I just got home and read this thread. That sucks dp... I guess pursuing this would be a big decision...on one hand, you have to ask yourself is it worth it and on the other, will there be any repercussions to this persons actions... tough situation.

*on a side note...it can't be stopped, anyone can grad music off the internet whether it's downloadable or not...if it can be heard, it can can be stolen.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Times are really tough nowadays...I read a lot of national news stories and some of the things that people do blow my mind...but I understand the struggle. It's really bad when someone has to jack beats for money. It's a sign of the times and I only see it getting worse.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
yea man, well the good news is that I truly don't believe that someone willing to jack beats like that will ever get ahead. One thing that is nice about the hip-hop community at large is that we have a cool (although sometimes strange) strict set of ethics. And shit like that just doesn't fly.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Just because he may not have made money on music in general because the site is down....doesn't mean that he didn't make any money off of your beat, DP....

It may take time, but I would look into that....I made the mistake by not doing that when I was jacked many moons ago....

Think about it...what if he leased the beat 50 times? I know it's a stretch..but anything is possible...

Leased it to an up and comer and began shouting out the "producer's" name, causing him to get more sales......?