ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
What site is this?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
DP how'd you find it?

Word? Yo that sucks, I might have to get involved in this since they took it from here.

This the biggest problem with participating, I dont want to upload dope beats because its so easy to jack it, and putting tags all up and through it makes it pretty useless

So did you hear the beat or it just had the same name?
This goes for all of us, but if we put music online we are allowing people to jack it, if we give beats away for free we are allowing people to jack it, hell even if we sell beats we are allowing people to jack it. Tags are a good answer, you just make a tagged version and an untagged version, showcasing just the tagged version and selling the untagged version. Even then there is nothing stopping a jacker from reselling the beat as their own. Welcome to the internet age, everything is up for grabs, especially as musicians, if we make our stuff available by any means.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's why when you upload stuff on here, it's entered into a database with a time stamp plus I have a privacy policy in place. With this info it can be used to help get these jackers. I had to do it years ago when someone was stealing article content from here, I got their web host to take down their site!

Here's a snippet of what I have in the policy:

"You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the materials or content on our sites in whole or in part, unless you have been given written consent by the IllMuzik.com Administrator."

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
That's why when you upload stuff on here, it's entered into a database with a time stamp plus I have a privacy policy in place. With this info it can be used to help get these jackers. I had to do it years ago when someone was stealing article content from here, I got their web host to take down their site!

Here's a snippet of what I have in the policy:

"You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the materials or content on our sites in whole or in part, unless you have been given written consent by the IllMuzik.com Administrator."

Ahh ok.

I want Identitys ousted... with addresses. I dont tolerate theives. Thats a half joke lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
The thing is, I am the most laid back person when it comes to licensing. Hell if he had told me I would have said give me a cut and lease away. Drives me crazy

Thats actually a good view point. Maybe there can be licencing quotes on the bottom or near the beats?

Fade, is the metadata ripped from the file when you upload?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Same name, but trust me there is no other beat with this name!

The site was already down when I got there, looks like he had been jacking lots of beats.

EDIT I am more mad that he took the name is it is from an upcoming project I am working on.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
So did you hear the beat or it just had the same name?
This goes for all of us, but if we put music online we are allowing people to jack it, if we give beats away for free we are allowing people to jack it, hell even if we sell beats we are allowing people to jack it. Tags are a good answer, you just make a tagged version and an untagged version, showcasing just the tagged version and selling the untagged version. Even then there is nothing stopping a jacker from reselling the beat as their own. Welcome to the internet age, everything is up for grabs, especially as musicians, if we make our stuff available by any means.

Theres ways to stop it. If you can disable right click on the page, it can be done (Theres pages that disble right click and the ability to download or retrieve the downloaded stream)

Theres ways to stop it. If you can disable right click on the page, it can be done (Theres pages that disble right click and the ability to download or retrieve the downloaded stream)

Anything that is streamed onto your computer you can retrieve through the temporary internet files folder. Anytime you play anything online its stored in a temp file on your pc and played from there. There are ways to get it, I know this because I have studied the question while programming flash players for my site and wanted to prevent it myself. There is NO WAY TO STOP A DETERMINED THIEF. Only court cases after the fact.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.