Good afternoon or morning or night.

DiFKiNCHi

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 34
This place looks pretty cool and thought it looked like a good place to throw my music around to get heard, feedback and learn new things. My focus is Hip Hop and a little house and techno, but I like all types of styles of music. Sometimes I just turn my gear on and decide to try something new. I like to use samples as well as try to not use samples. I’m comfortable with hardware or software and enjoy trying different pieces of gear I’ve never worked on. Hope everyone is having fun creating and enjoying their battle stations.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
200.gif

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @DiFKiNCHi & what’s your musical backstory and story behind ya handle?

DiFKiNCHi

Beatmaker
Welcome @DiFKiNCHi & what’s your musical backstory and story behind ya handle?
I’ve always liked music since I was a child. Dad was big on playing it all the time. Got into Hip Hop as a teen and was fascinated by how different it sounded compared to everything else. Met a guy at a job who was making beats. We became friends and he took me to his house and showed me how he used this weird looking machine with a small blue screen, buttons, a knob and slider and all these little squares to push. I had never heard of drum machines, samplers, synths or any type of electronic instrument except guitar. A whole new world opened up for me. I’d sit for hours watching him craft beats and loops and match everything up and he would explain what he was doing. He talked about samples, and templates, sequences, bars, filters, etc. Then one day, he let me loose on the MPC 60. Made myself a little loop with chopped loops and I was hooked for life. Started out small by getting my own simple drum machine and music has been a permanent part of who I am. I’m just a Different Kind of Chicano I guess. Nice to meet you.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Re: @DiFKiNCHi Chicano: Hola, Vato. Don't know if ya ever read it but your experience reminded me of what Joe Schloss in his "Making Beats" book said about the social context e.g. the aspect of learning from a neighbor, etc. with similar interests.

DiFKiNCHi

Beatmaker
Re: @DiFKiNCHi Chicano: Hola, Vato. Don't know if ya ever read it but your experience reminded me of what Joe Schloss in his "Making Beats" book said about the social context e.g. the aspect of learning from a neighbor, etc. with similar interests.
Never read it but it make sense. We are guided by what we’re surrounded by. I was lucky to meet that dude because I was always curious how those beats were made.

members online