Gonna Get Pro Tools M-box...but Wut's The Hype???

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Just Wanna Understanding Of Wut The Hype Is About Pro-tools....y Is It The Industry Standard...and Wut Does It Do That Makes It A Great Tool...no Pun Intended................is It And Easy Sequencer Tool??? Is It Easy To Arrange Samples???? Like Wuts The Deal With It???

C

Copenhagen

ProTools is the industry because back in the day their products were ahead. Today, there are other products that are just as good, and some are gaining a piece of the industry market, they just work in different ways and have different variations, so today it's mostly a matter a preference.
I personally use ProTools (with M-Box), and I am very satisfied, but others hate it and will tell you different...so I'd do as much reearch as possible to check you're getting what you are seeking. Other programs to check are Cubase, Logic (newer version only for Mac), Nuendo, Sonar.
Regarding the program itself, I only use it for mixing and mastering, which is its most used function, but I know a few who also make beats in it. I find it easy but others won't, where I hate the interface of e.g. Logic...it's a matter of taste.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
I use pro tools to make beats. its great for recording samples, editing samples, manipulating samples, aranging samples, and its just as good for vocals. thats why i use it, because its multipurpouse. it does everything, and does everything well. then again i dont use midi. i just pop up the grid and place the samples. (drum samples too) and so it is great for drum programing too.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
I use an M-Box as well, and I love it!!! Pro Tools is great for audio. Recording samples, chopping, editing, effecting etc.

You can also record MIDI in Pro Tools but in my opinion the MIDI in Pro Tools is a little weak. It can do anything in MIDI, but if you're looking for something that works with MIDI a lot easier and has more MIDI functionality, then I would get Logic 7. But both are hot

members online