Giving away free music, which service to choose?

• beat this! voting starts in...

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
I was wanting to give away some music. What sites do you all use. I was wanting to find one that kept track of how many times the file has been downloaded.
thanks
eldia

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
If your just giving it away and want a ticker for downloads you can virtually use anything almost.
Even places like rapidshare count your downloads.
If you want an account somewhere thats just for offering music via download, I still like Reverbnation a lot and they have a lot of tools to keep track of what people listen to and download.
Another good one that Im actually bout to start using for a clients website is Bandcamp.
I know Class really likes Soundcloud, so u could check them out too....
Only thing I dont care much for with SoundCloud is they only let u stream at 128k and I prefer the highest quality if its something Im trying to sell or share that I made. With SC you have to pay for an upgraded account in order to utilize better quality streaming.
Also, speaking of file formats and quality levels - Bandcamp lets you upload as wav. files (the highest quality your going to be able to transfer anywhere) and then the site encodes your tracks in just about every variety of file format out there which makes a nice bundle of options for downloaders and customers, and thats all free with them which is dope.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Another dope thing about Bandcamp is they act as a middleman so if your selling beats, or tracks through them you can directly link your paypal account to your BC account and whenever someone cops a track or a beat the money gets deposited right into your paypal, which is also all free.