Ghost Writers!!

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
Since ya put it as Emcee vs Rapper,,,there is a big difference!

I'm gonna have to agree here as well. I think that was a good point for Merc to bring up. If just entertaining and money are your goals, then I guess it is okay for you to have a ghostwriter. Personally, I want to be respected as an emcee and to me that requires that I write my own shit, be able to really freestyle, and battle cats for that respect, if need be... To me those are some of the main differences between being a rapper and an MC... It is a lot of hard work to Master Ceromonies and not everyone can do it.

As far as that other point about the voice, that is true as well. Might as well just leave it in the words of one of the greats:

"A lot of rappers got flavor and some got skill
But if your voice ain't dope then you need to chill... "

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A lot of rappers got flavor and some got skill

EPMD? Erick and P. had great voices!!

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
jaydub23510 said:
A lot of rappers got flavor and some got skill
EPMD? Erick and P. had great voices!!

I guess I don't understand what your comment pertains to. Are you guessing the quote is from them or just randomly commenting about EPMD. Yes, the green eyed bandit and Parish have dope voices, but the quote is Guru.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
After reading an article on Anthony Hamilton and Brandy (she never writes), even R&B artists who write their own songs to me are better than those that don't, if you write your own song you know how you want it to come across, this guy is very soulfull and you can tell this whole album comes from his heart, listen to YAHZARAH< D'ANGELO< GILL they all write and there music to me is much better than say Brandy who never writes

ill o.g.
It dont work for everyone. Diddy gets most his shit written for him. And he still sucks at rappin, unown says kanye got a whiny voice. But id rather listen to kanye whining then diddy with his monotone.

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
helix said:
unown says kanye got a whiny voice. But id rather listen to kanye whining then diddy with his monotone.

What are you talking about? I've hardly heard Kanye, I probably couldn't pick his voice out of a hat. You must be talkin bout someone else. Although, I wasn't super impressed by the material of his that I have heard.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
ghostwritin is for boy bands,hahaha, real heads make fun of so called emcee's spittin someone else's shit. rappers that would spit ghostly written material are robots, new-age robots that learned to be greedy through bad programs. i do admit that for other types of muzik it may or may-not be ok.

Obsidian Blue

Igneous
ill o.g.
Tim D said:
Did anyone see 106 and Park where Mase was saying he was ghostwriting while he was out of the game, for "grammy winning artists"? lol, somehow i dont beleive Mase but w/e lol

Sadly, I can actually believe that. If you search hard enough, it wouldn't be hard to believe.....

Glad Mase is back though. I hope he doesn't contradict his new lifestyle in his return.....