getting samples onto the mpc

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
i borrowed my friends mpc 2000 and i wanna put my samples into them but the pc i'm using doesn't have a floppy drive, even if i did the samples take up to much space on a regular floppy, anyway i wanna know is it possible to import them any other way besides buying a external harddrive all i want is to get as much samples as i need/want put them in there make a few beats and export them through cubase or something like dat i ain't got no wires i just got the mpc dats it

ill o.g.
-SCSI would let you transfer files from your computer to the MPC.
-Youll need a MIDI interface to put your beat into Cubase.

Even if the sounds you wanted were small enough to fit on floppy, they wouldnt work in your MPC. A disk can only be formatted for one thing at a time. And if you put sounds from your computer on the disk, it would be formatted for the Computer and it wont work in the MPC (Cuz its not formatted for the MPC).

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
yeah i'm about to get 1 of those midi interface? do you mean i gotta connet the mpc to my pc using the midi in/out in order to run it through cubase?

ill o.g.
Im not 100% sure if you need cubase to go back out to the MPC but i know you need the MPC out to go to the in on the Computer. It wouldnt hurt to go both ways though (comp-to-mpc & mpc-to-comp).

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
the wires what are they called? just midi in mid out i mean if i go to the guitar centre(which sells all the equip) is dat what i'd ask for

ill o.g.
Oh shit.
Youll need some shit like somethin that would hook up your computer with midi if you dont have an interface yet.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...9752386/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/701379/

If you got that, then you wont need anything else.

I thoought you already had your computer hooked up with MIDI. MIDI cables are usually just MIDI Cables. You said "What kind would i ask for?" If your just lookin to hook your MPC up to a keyboard, then all youll need is 2 MIDI Cables. Theres no such thing as a MIDI in cable or a MIDI out Cable. There just MIDI Cables.

E

Equality 7-2521

if you got an internal zip drive in your mpc you can transfer using external zip drive plugged into the pc.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
LOL i don't have those as of yet dats why i wanted to no if there was ways i can run it through cubase

helix the pc i'm usin doesn't have the same midi out as my mpc so i was just wondering what there called basicaly i'm gonna have to go throught the speaker and head phones port of the pc i have access to but its cool i might aswell get an external hard drive american prices are cheap so it would be worth it

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
need more info

Hey lilhatedon
There's really a hundred ways to do it, it depends on what software you have and what it is you're trying to do.
If you have samples in your computer, and they're too big to put on a floppy, just take the audio out of your computer and plug it into the audio in of the MPC. You''ll need a Y cable, they sell those at radio shack. Tell them you're going 1/8th inch stereo to quarter inch left and right. Record those into the MPC and tap out a beat.
Save the sounds and sequences on the MPC to a floppy (You'll probably need multiple floppies if they're big samples).
You're done. No midi required.
I could be completely wrong, send some more info if that's the case
Easy
Dahkter

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
Basically i wanna run it through cubase so i can save my beats so i can at least burn them to a cd so i can listen to them well untill i get my external hard drive dat is

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Werd,
All you need to do is reverse it.
Once you have made your beat in the MPC, just go audio out of the MPC (left and right 1/4") into the audio in (1/8" stereo) of the computer.
Record the audio into Cubase. Hit save. Burn to CD.
drop a line if you need any more info.
Easy
Dahkter

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
yeah i've decided to get a scuzzy (Iomega 250 MB ZIP Drive Drive 11172) dats what i'm lookin for i'm in southern cali for now i can't find where to get them from unless i get it on line i don't really no my way around here any one know what stores i should check out i stay in culver city by magic fridays if dats any help i need this scuzzy quick hit me back wit any info

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got the same question about mpc 1000. I got these wav samples on my computer. Can I upload them on the mpc?
holla back

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
done

well i got it runnin got my samps and i have recorded them into cubase but i have 1 question is it better to record track by track for instance drums on 1 track snare on the other hihat on the other etc