Getting ready for my first EP....

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Hey, i recently wrote my first ep (i have about 5 tracks written, only lyrics). Yes i know im 16 but i really dont wanna wait till i get older so i think about releasing it. Anyway, im soon ending with the lyrics, im finalizing them, tryin to make them perfect. And i will start producing and later on recording mixing and finally mastering the album. I will record 2 tracks on proffesional studios and 3 tracks on my home. I will also have 2 beats produced by others and 3 produced from me. My hardware gear is an M-Audio vocal studio pro mic, an Akai Mpk mini MK2 and a focusrite 2i2 and some 50 bucks headphones that i dont remember their name. Is there anything i need to know before i start?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just make music! Have fun with it and don't try to take it too seriously. Once you're done recording then the next step is of course, mixing, which is very important because you want to best sound.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Get it done and put it out. You will learn a lot just by completing a release.

Also usually the first stuff you put out sucks. Just keep practicing and learning and before you know it you will improve and improve. Then you will meet some brilliant producer that schools you and you go back to learning, practicing your craft, putting our music. Rinse and repeat...

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Just make music! Have fun with it and don't try to take it too seriously. Once you're done recording then the next step is of course, mixing, which is very important because you want to best sound.
This is where i get afraid... if i wont mix it well it will sound like crap...
Get it done and put it out. You will learn a lot just by completing a release.

Also usually the first stuff you put out sucks. Just keep practicing and learning and before you know it you will improve and improve. Then you will meet some brilliant producer that schools you and you go back to learning, practicing your craft, putting our music. Rinse and repeat...
I already have a producer that is schooling me man :) , ive put out some tracks but nothing really serious and he said i have pottential.

Ill start beatmaking soon guys wish me luck :)