Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It!

• beat this! voting starts in...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
With out a doubt this is the realest shit I've heard in 2 yrs. Cube is beast with it! Appreciate this drop homie!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Good to see someone standing up! Yet another first from hip hop, a direct retaliation against all those who blame gangster rap for some stupid ish! Ice Cube is a living legend!

MOF

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Yo...i was excited when i heard this song a few months ago...and to go with what stress was talkin about...when cube first went solo he was crazy political and really talked about sum real shyt..then in the late ninties he kinda started talkin about non sense...i'm glad for his last release and apparently this upcoming one he has went back to the former

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
OOOOOHHHH shit!
Thats fire right there!!! HAHA!
Compton was a refuge for bunnies before gangsta rap! lol

yh tht made me crease too.

yh this is phat i saw it today on myspace. thats the kinda beat i love, hopefuli real hiphop is gonna make its come back to the charts! *prays realllllly hard for this altho one is not religious at all* :]

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
it's good to hear hiphop being used to deliver a positive message again! all this wack booty shits gotta go.. this is oh-aeette.. so emcees?? get it straight!!!!!

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
thanks for sharing! feeling this new Ice Cube, didn't think he could come back like this. The hook is catchy as hell.

you know 1st minute or so i was like whats everyone trippin about but i had to listen to it through. yeah it is nice to see this atmosphere back in hiphop I hope it catches and like Mr. AfriqueDeluxe said, thanks for sharin

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
at 1st i wasnt feelin it bcuz of those chopped n screwed vocals... plus im seein WC, and im wonderin if he's gonna rap too... but then its an Ice Cube solo to a simple ass 8 trk beat that sounds like Dre made it... whew... HOT!!!

da relic

I think we have already established that this track is hot, its really good to see this message getting put out. Im hoping the year carries on how its started. Maybe the record execs have been snooping these sorts of forums to get a feel for what will sell. All I see on any hiphop forum is the request for some good quality hiphop, not the money sex material bullshit. And looks like cube wants to deliver, good show, jolly good show.

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Anybody know who did the production? Audio and video...Big ups to them as well as O'Shea. Track is simple, and each individual parts compliment each other as a whole. Nicely done. Kinda sounds like a Dre production...

P.S.
And just in case ya'll didn't know...
When I was young I used to hang with the 7th graders.
Lil' Bad mu'fucka playin space invaders...