Funny Studio Stories

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Ok, so we've all been in the studio atleast once (Hell, im there everyday :p ).And most of us might have some stories to share, ill start first. Its a funny one actually...

There was gonna be a hiphop festival in my city. And my crew was taking part. We wanted to be focused on what we are doing so we went on a studio to get our tracks ready...We were into hardcore hip-hop more than anything this period, so all our tracks were really hard. Anyways, we were in the booth getting ready for the live, we were having fun, one of the beats had a part wich was having scratches on it and it was kind of a breakbeat,and one of my crew members wanted to breakdance to the beat. So he started breakdancing (the studio was huge btw it had 2 rooms. The studio A and the studio B. We were all at the studio A.). Anyways, while he was doing that move where you spin your head on the floor, he got his foot stuck on a cable. He didnt understand it tho, so he did the move. The cable was connected to the mixer... The mixer fell down. Sudenly everything started falling apart... The studio monitors, the mics... Everything... Fortunately the studio owners were at the studio B, and it was soundproofed so they didnt understand anything. We placed everything in its position and left as fast as we could. My friend still gets mocked for that :D .

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's hard to top that one!

One late night there was a freestyle session and my friend was trying to be all cool with the mic and then dropped it. My Shure 58 cone had a huge dent in it for years until I sold it.

Had another really dope freestyle session once and my stupid ass forgot to actually record it. The whole time I thought the tape deck was going.

When preparing for the DMC I accidentally hit the tonearm on my turntable and it went right across the record and trashed the needle and the record too. As a result I couldn't compete that night.

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
It's hard to top that one!

One late night there was a freestyle session and my friend was trying to be all cool with the mic and then dropped it. My Shure 58 cone had a huge dent in it for years until I sold it.

Had another really dope freestyle session once and my stupid ass forgot to actually record it. The whole time I thought the tape deck was going.

When preparing for the DMC I accidentally hit the tonearm on my turntable and it went right across the record and trashed the needle and the record too. As a result I couldn't compete that night.

Lol how hard did you hit that tonearm??

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah it was one of those things. I had a part where I had to go fast between records (back when DJs actually had to take the record off and put a new one on LOL) and I just hit it too hard.

members online