Fruity Loops and my Midi Controller

T-Dash

Fo-net-ic-ly Spee-kin
ill o.g.
What up ya'll! Basically, I got myself a Yamaha DJX and I've got a copy of Fruity Loops 3 and I've looked through various tutorials and guides and ish and can't figure out how to actually use my keyboard with Fruity Loops....can anyone let me know how to hook up the keyboard and its settings so it works with Fruity Loops....

peace

T-Dash

Fo-net-ic-ly Spee-kin
ill o.g.
I got the wirses I need...but I just aint sure how to set up Fruity Loops in conjunction with my keyboard

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Hey man, I have that keyboard as well and I swear that the midi in just doesn't work, I have tried everything and the out works but the in never does!

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
On mine the midi out works on both cubase and fruityloops but the midi in doesn't.

T-Dash

Fo-net-ic-ly Spee-kin
ill o.g.
Damn....ttheir must be a way to do it cause JC (the big MP3.com producer) uses Fruity Loops and a DJX with each other....so we must just be missing some big obvious clue to doin' it!!! Can anyone suggest any othr decent programmes for using the midi in then?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't have a keyboard hooked up to FL, but what are your MIDI settings in FL? Options>MIDI Settings. Check the "Remote Control Input", "Master Sync Output", "Output Port Mapping", and there's also the "Remote Control", with the option for "Auto Accept Controler". Do you have that one enabled?

T-Dash

Fo-net-ic-ly Spee-kin
ill o.g.
It's connected with your basic midi connector. It is slit at both ends...at one end is two different midi connectors (in and out) and at the other end it has two 15 pin joystick connectors (one male, the other female). Any suggestions?

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
was there a cd that came with it with drivers in it? or maybe its just your midi settings in FL, just try experimenting with it

peace