FL9 Stuttering since protools install

Mrbendointhis

ill o.g.
Waddup Yall im running fruity loops 9 Producers edition. Since ive installed Protools 8 M powered fruity loops has been kinda of stuttering, making a poppin sound when im working on a beat, Also when i turn my mic on theres extra noise ... its annoying, like clicking popping n stuttering

Prior to installing Pro Tools 8 m powered i NEVER had a problem

Hp Pavillion a6600f
320 GB hard drive
4 GB DDR2 Ram
M audio fast track pro
Windows vista 32 bit service pack 2

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrbendointhis

ill o.g.
Update the ASIO drivers for the Maudio and make sure you are using the Maudio ASIO drivers in FL.

How do i update the asio drivers? ive updated my Fast track pro driver to the newest update, And the maudio asio driver is in use in FL9.

Check the protools thread too bro, Thanks!!!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Try this...open FL, click OPTIONS, click AUDIO SETTINGS, look under DirectSound properties and slide the buffer length slider around 1800 samples. Make minor adjustments until pop goes away.

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dont think hell be able to record audio with direct sound .... prob try opening the asio dashboard .. and adjust buffer there ... is fl clicking when rewired to protools or when just running on its own?? if it clicks on its own check ur driver latency .. if thats ok check your cpu meter on the top of fl and see if the prob could be cpu ... i know vista has a problem with cpu hog ...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Most of the time it is but like jstoddart was saying...Im not sure that it is with his case. If it was a ram issue, my solution would have definitely worked but he hasn't responded yet so we're kinda out in limbo until he does...lol

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
4gb ram is a lot if your running fl studio .. cant be problem with ram .. its usually caused by cpu hog .. as i sed check out ur cpu meter when playing back a track and see .. if it goes to over 50/60 percent it will start popping ..

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Hmmm, It might be the drivers conflicting. I wonder if he solved this problem. Come to think of it FL has a button in the audio settings where you click to turn off whatever driver you're using (i.e. Primary Sound Driver), no worries, it will turn back on automatically when PT isn't running.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
4GB of Ram is a lot....but if you're running memory killing VSTs in it.... You might come across that issue.....For example....Nexus is a memory hog as well as some sample banks for kontakt.......like electri6ity...

members online