FL Reason

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ive just got Reason 3 , but i havent installed it yet , im a FL Studio user and the only reason i got reason was cuz of the whole 'rewire' thing, can people explain to me what exactly are the advantages of using fl and reason together , i wouldn;t say im the best producer , im still learning , alot.

what im asking is , should i just stick with FL a lil bit longer and learn more about it and beats before branching into using reason with it , will it get too complicated , i dont want to install it and then find i dont use it simple becuase fl is easier or better for whatever reason , any one shed some of their experiences on it ?

thanks , BlazedOut

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Use them both together. The problem with Reason 3 is the sequencer, compared to FL's its years behind but where it shines is its sounds, it has a great sound library, when you ReWire you get the best of both worlds, you get FL's superior sequencer and you get Reasons superior sound library. (just my opinion, others might not agree).

~NW~

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
o no now were gonna have a reason vs fruity loops war...make me a moderator so i can close this

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
^^ haha , the last thing i wanna do is cause a war , but nah i just simply wanted to know what advantages it could give on top of FL, i think noblewordz kinda put it in perspective for me

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Reason 4.0 sequencer! UNFUCWITABLE!

And she drives as good as she looks!

richwny15

ill o.g.
I recently also got reason 3...mind you im always arguein wit other producer friends who try 2 joke around cuz i use FL. I bit the bullet in the whole FL/Reason war and just recently started doin the whole rewired thing..Its cool cuz reason has some hott sounds very realistic compared to the FL stock sounds. As far as the sequencer on reason goes i agree with lil drama boi...its horrible. If you wanna venture into reason go right ahead. Its a lil more difficult to get used to then FL. Personally I will never leave FL.

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
the problem is , i dont even know wher to begin with reason , as soon as i rewire it , then look at reason im confused in where to get instruments/vsti etc from :S

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
use rewire??? don't need to!!!

the problem is , i dont even know wher to begin with reason , as soon as i rewire it , then look at reason im confused in where to get instruments/vsti etc from :S

Reason has a bunch of really cool features... and a great set of bundled sounds and presets... try looking at the manuals and it will make a lot more sense.
IMO; reason (I'm still in v.3) is not very user friendly if you've never used a DAW before... the biggest CON to me is the fact that reason doesn't support VST, DX or any other kind of format except proprietary propellerhead software... don't know about the new version (correct me if I'm wrong please)... also, as everyone else says, the sequencer/arrangement window SUCKS (on v.3)...
FL Studio to me is a lot more flexible in terms of production, arrangement, signal flow, etc... and the open architecture of the software shows that image-line cares more about giving you a good DAW instead of making money... hence the lifetime free upgrades (reason doesn't do that!!!)... if you look at the improvement of each new version (Reason vs. FL) you can see that FL has a lot more stuff... even a video player!!!
Did you know you can even mix in 5.1 with FL 6 and above!!! but you need a 5.1 sound card... and you can't bounce to a 5.1 file, but it's still cool to do it...
Anyways, I'm rambling about my love for FL studio... bottom line is... even though it might be cool to experiment with rewire, there is nothing reason offers that FL studio or a VST plug-in won't give you... and if you find a sound in reason that you HAVE TO USE, then it's good to have the option in FL to do so... that what FL is all about... more options to enhance your creativity and work flow...

Damn, i used a lot of "..." on this post!!! WTF ;(
Peace...
www.myspace.com/sonicparadigmshift

members online