FL Gurus - help with playlist / time stretch question?

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
This is just an example screen shot, but I often chop 1, 2, or 4 bar loops and then time stretch as needed. It's annoying to have to manually stretch each chop. I know there's an option to right click, fit to tempo, and then type in the amount of beats too, but that can be tedious if I'm dealing with a lot of sample chops. What I've been doing lately is changing the snap to none and then zooming in and manually clicking/dragging each sample (tedious and unless I zoom in a lot it can be easy to accidentally go one step too short or too far).

I wanted to check if anyone knows of a way to automatically stretch sample to the next bar. In a case like this, if I switch the snap to beat or bar, it stretches the sample a whole beat/bar, but I'm looking for the most efficient workflow to stretch (in bulk if possible) to the tempo for various samples.

In the picture below, is there a way to quickly stretch these 3 audio files to the 4th beat instead of having to manually stretch or going into each individually to fit to a # of beats?

RDT_20231222_1529415870732846749095122.png

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
if i remember correctly you click this button on then just drag the edges to fit

Attachments

• RDT_20231222_1529415870732846749095122.png
    RDT_20231222_1529415870732846749095122.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 12

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I dunno about fl but when I take this approach in Studio One I typically do the following...

- chop at the Transient
- drag with Snap to the 8th
- then either time stretch (via click drag) to the next bit of audio ..or...
- create a chop at the beginning of the tail and time stretch that to the next audio.

The way some recordings are the auto options ain't gonna help how you want due to timings, you need to get all up in it yourself.

If FL has Transient detection and audio warp you can try it that way - I don't always have ideal results in s1 as some audio markers have weird effect when warping.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
if i remember correctly you click this button on then just drag the edges to fit
yeah I click that, sorry should have been clicked in the ss.

more so if there's a way to stretch all 3 audio clips at the same time, if each need to be a specific length, instead of having to click/stretch each one. If there's a select all + stretch all type of ability.