Fishscale samples

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I was a composer before and I just bought my shovel and pickaxe, but it's hard to find good samples like that (well for me it is)... seems like the best ones are in the US 60's and 70's soul music... which I know stricty nothing about.

I was raised on kompa and Zouk, so I think that's gonna be my digging territory from now on.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
the pete rock joint was use by Canibus on his 1st album.. remember "Hypnetosis"... Skool's in for the UnSkool'd

m.s

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah!! THAT GHOST SHIT IS SICK.. most of those samples werent even chopped...

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
yea i dont really care if the sampler chops it up or not. there are chopped samples, and there are looped samples. Alotta people wanna frown on loops cuz they think its less work. i think its enuff work to find a sample good enough to loop

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I haven't heard the Ghostface album yet, but I'll surely check it out. I got most of the records that were sampled, so it'll be intressting to see how they were used.

D

drmyndbender

I don't know if any of you know this, but a majority of the tracks on that album are from either MF Doom's Special Herbs instrumental albums or from J Dilla's Donuts.

TymE

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Bullshit

Sucks when people air this stuff out. It's cool to know or find out but at the same time it jeopradizes the producer and the artist..this kinda stuff needs to stop especially from XXL..come on put a mans samples on blast (what did he clear what did he not clear etc.)? F**kin dumb and not right..in my opinion. Nothing against the thread, i just agree with large corps airing it all out!

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
drmyndbender said:
I don't know if any of you know this, but a majority of the tracks on that album are from either MF Doom's Special Herbs instrumental albums or from J Dilla's Donuts.

Doom did only 2 cuts on the album i believe and Dilla is only on one cut as fas i know.. so i don't believe that..

peace

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Opera Populare said:
i think the champ is from the song fever i'm still trying to find which singer did it cuz its not the peggy lee version

it sounds different cuz Just Blaze had live musicians come in and replay all the instruments in the sample

if you look in the credits of Fishcale it has all the musicians listed