Firewire Audio Interface for laptop

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i need me a good firewire audio interface for a laptop....i dont want m-audio becuase ive heard they have too many driver issues...i was looking at the tascam us-122 but thats usb....can someone gimme a few suggestions?

A

ACEBEATZ

They have no driver issue who told you that. M-Audio products are excellent and they give a great service.the M-audio 410 firewire is an excellent card with mic pre-amps.

Edirol/Roland Audio Capture collection is great too.

Motu do superb product but got the price tag that goes along with it.

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've got an m-audio firewire audiophile. It's the cheapest firewire audio card you can get. You have what you pay for... If I had the money I would have got an RME card. The RPM one seems perfect for me but it's a little costier then m-audio or Edirol. Reading reviews RME cards are better than motu's but both are excellent.

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
shit man, them edirol audio capture joints im really digging but that shits like 500 dollars....sigh, i guess i gotta go with those then, thanks a lot playas

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
i have an M-audio 410 that i use as my main soundcard on my Desktop. Its wonderful. Its my central audio signal router. I have audio in from my mixter(which gets stuff from my MPC and motif)So i can record to my computer

I have audio outs going to the my mointers so i can here playback from my computer and my MPC & motif.

I also have an optical spdif out going to my surround sound system down stairs so i can hear playback from my computer in surround sounds also.

All this is being done with my 410 and i still have outs plenty of outs to spare

clas...

members online