fillin out copyright form

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Waht you can do is tile the cd "collection of songs by NYSOM vol 1 and attach a paper with the song titles to the paper work along with a cd of songs.

cool so this one form can cover my whole cd cuz I have like 10 tracks
I just asked a friend he told me I need ascap first b4 I copyright

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Waht you can do is tile the cd "collection of songs by NYSOM vol 1 and attach a paper with the song titles to the paper work along with a cd of songs.

i'm about to approach getting my projects locked as well. The beats have a few samples that are not cleared so..... what do you guys do about that? Obviously I could try to slide past detection but what do most people do.. percentage-wise. If I have too i'll find similar sounds and play'em myself but i'd rather just spend the time making more tracks.

My objective is make tracks, protect them, create my package, website and make videos then shop myself out for backing..

so if it's picked up then does the label pay for the clearing of the samples and if so then will i be fucked for copywriting it before paying for the license?

What's the best way?? Thanks in Advance!!

-CT

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
cool so this one form can cover my whole cd cuz I have like 10 tracks
I just asked a friend he told me I need ascap first b4 I copyright

You dont need ascap before you copywrite.

i'm about to approach getting my projects locked as well. The beats have a few samples that are not cleared so..... what do you guys do about that? Obviously I could try to slide past detection but what do most people do.. percentage-wise. If I have too i'll find similar sounds and play'em myself but i'd rather just spend the time making more tracks.

My objective is make tracks, protect them, create my package, website and make videos then shop myself out for backing..

so if it's picked up then does the label pay for the clearing of the samples and if so then will i be fucked for copywriting it before paying for the license?

What's the best way?? Thanks in Advance!!

-CT

I dont really know but if the sample is reckonizable you may wanna try and clear it.
I'm betting though that you arent gonna get sued if you go ahead and copyright it anyway.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
You dont need ascap before you copywrite.

I dont really know but if the sample is reckonizable you may wanna try and clear it.
I'm betting though that you arent gonna get sued if you go ahead and copyright it anyway.

are copyrighting the lyrics separate from the production, different forms ect? Or do I put the albumn name down and then submit the lyrics (on separate paper), tracklist and cd of tracks?

members online