Feedback for Beat this:

Getting around to some feedback (Just Feedback)

@Fade thanks for the feedback, found the vocal sample on an old documentary on YouTube in a care home with various needs and mental problems. Can hear the distress in his voice poor lad but started the beat off with that vibe. Tried to carry it on with a sinister bass and percussion.
With the beat, no I don’t quantise (sometimes with the hats) but yeah sounds off in places and I will fix that.
Can you clarify if you meant I should quantise as it was so off or you thought I had quantised?

This is not carrying on from previous discussion so anything mentioned will only be my interpretation and feedback of your beat.

@crog85 I've already given you props but listening again i’d add that the beat is intense and I can envision the psycho fully out of control losing their shit!
Again well done on the win.

@Armani Love the beat man and as a beat it’s up there with one of my favourites. The intro is dope and then the drums hit nice, rhythmic head nodder for sure! Nice filtered out and in ending. Just not feeling my interpretation of the theme vibe.

@Soap, that intro disguised vocal is dark and sets the tone nicely. Feel you hit the tone well throughout the beat and nice change up kept it interesting too. I would of liked the drums to hit harder and more grittier.

@rejecttheronin, breath of fresh air here man, so unique, slow vibe with lots going on. The beat is dope, and I can hear that sinister vibe. Nice one.

@Mefisto Beats, Enjoyed the start and the purge intro. Bass did it for me and also the strings with that eerie vocal. Damn fire beat man. I feel I somehow did you a disservice as listening back again I missed so much. So dope!

Back soon for the other competitors.
A note to add here as I mentioned in @Mefisto Beats, I have noticed this on occasion listening through and voting I listen to the whole beat but sometimes after the results, listen back and hear some beats almost anew like I missed some shit on the first run. Anyone else had this? Like you listen again and like man that’s dope!?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@InsideOutBeats Yeah I just was wondering if it was quantized because I thought it could have been a bit tighter, but it's good as is, it's just a few spots that seem a bit out of place. When I hear drums like that of course I immediately think of Dilla and not quantizing is a whole artform.

Soap

Battle Points: 7
@Fade, @InsideOutBeats Thank you for honnest feedback guys I really appreciate it !
@Fade I take your advice for a next battle I avoid I maybe have gone a bit too far with these snippets
@InsideOutBeats Yeah I agree with you mate my mix was far from what I imagined but the project crashed and I ve never been able to reopen it so it was a really basic mix

@InsideOutBeats Yeah I just was wondering if it was quantized because I thought it could have been a bit tighter, but it's good as is, it's just a few spots that seem a bit out of place. When I hear drums like that of course I immediately think of Dilla and not quantizing is a whole artform.

Yeah I hit the pads un-quantised but sometimes on playback parts can be too off and I hear exactly the parts that your talking about, way out of place.

@1301.36 really liked this one man! Very creative, the sample sounds like some old creepy black and white horror film.
Really dig the drums. That sample creeps up so well, great use of that!

@Amnesia, what’s that vocal sample from, set the tone like he’s tortured people and fascinated by how the human body repairs itself, Dark! Damn good vibe to this, that melody is dope! Compliments the beat and piano.

@Anthouse Beats, Nice production and great build up however once it dropped I was in a club semi raving, didn’t get the theme vibe however dope beat though!

@BassThumper, I felt the first guitar melody needed a key change, very sporadic and diverse beat so although at first I didn’t feel the theme , the change ups kind of made me think of a nutcase with multiple personality’s, crazy, calm, crazy calm. If that was your intention, well though out.

And keep coming with your music thread uploads, some dope hiphop!

@DrA beats dope just didn’t feel the theme with this one for me personally. Beat was down but I felt need that extra something to make it stand out

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah can add ghost notes (which I need to be more aware of) using the ‘16 levels’ option on a snare or whatever with velocity
No, sorry I mean the double notes that sometimes are triggered on the pads. I was curious if the Live had that issue since it came out around the time the MPD2 series did.

No, sorry I mean the double notes that sometimes are triggered on the pads. I was curious if the Live had that issue since it came out around the time the MPD2 series did.

Ah ok yeah I’m with ya, on the odd occasion I have but not like a recurring problem or anything that I’ve had. I know of others mentioning that issue and then fixed it due to the pad sensitivity being too high which you can lower in settings.

@Fury Beats, came with the funky! Dig the vibe just felt it was too chill for the theme in my opinion. Could be a psycho who gets down with the funky whilst dismembering their victims.

@Iron Keys, I dig this and I get your take on it kinda like the movies where they listen to this type of music (singing in the rain, what a wonderful world) whilst doing their business happily whistling along to a tune.
The sound and production is top notch just as I said before perhaps over done on vocals through out as the snippets practically through the whole track (only a rules thing I thought whilst hearing it.
As a beat with no criteria it’s dope, nothing to criticise.

Think singing in the rain from this Clockwork orange scene:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
@Iron Keys, I dig this and I get your take on it kinda like the movies where they listen to this type of music (singing in the rain, what a wonderful world) whilst doing their business happily whistling along to a tune.
The sound and production is top notch just as I said before perhaps over done on vocals through out as the snippets practically through the whole track (only a rules thing I thought whilst hearing it.
As a beat with no criteria it’s dope, nothing to criticise.

Think singing in the rain from this Clockwork orange scene:

Love.

Do you want feedback? I can go check.