Fading an Instrument in fruity loops

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Im trying to figure out how to fade a single instrument so it will fade into the crashes and ect... If someone could help me out alittle id appreciate it so much.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
click on the instrument when it is in the soundbank and look on the little menu that comes up with the .wav file on it.. Those knobs right above it have a fade out/in feature u can tweak to how u need...

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
or automate the volume

I

icelizarrd

Also, under the INS tab of a sampler, selct volume (or it should be selected by default), and click on the box next to the words envelope. From there you can change the attack and decay of the sound to make it fade in.

You might also want to increase the hold to maximum since I think fruity by default has it kinda low and you probably don't want the sound cutting out early.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
but that's setting the instruments envelope...does the sound need to fade in the track somewhere or does the sample need fading for each note played ? For track fade I'd just automate.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
if it needs to fade in then use the attack, fade out is the decay+sustain+release...

in any case set attack all the way left when altering the envelope because the voice/sample fades in by default, then set the time for when the fade out should start by altering hold to the prefered length. It's also set to time snapping by default and linear enveloping, TNS gives you the option for logarhytmic shaping of the envelope ( which you can also draw if you dont like tweaking knobs ).